Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitter

• 13-04-2006 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All. I am currently using eircom broadband. Im having problems with it as i have no splitter to split the phone line and the broadband line. i have filters on the other phone sockets but im told i need a splitter. As a result , the connection keeps dropping because the DSL is down. Does anyone know where i can get another eircom splitter? i rang eircom and the said they were sending one out. that was 2 months ago. ive rang them a few times and they keep saying they have sent it. ive even sent them a threatening email saying i will go with someone else etc etc.
    Any help would be much appreciated. maybe i should just go for BT.:confused:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I believe Marx Computers sell them (or so someone mentioned before..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have filters then I think that should be enough. The splitter just combines a filter with a direct line as far as I know. A normal phone splitter, available in any hardware shop, with a filter off one of the sockets for the phone should do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

A normal phone splitter, available in any hardware shop, with a filter off one of the sockets for the phone should do the job.

Yep .... that's the way I set mine up .... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭MonkMuffet

nice 1 lads,
    so what....you connect the bb line to the splitter which then connects to a filter which then connects to the phone socket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No.

The filters are only connected to phones. The BB modem should not be connected to a filter. If you want a phone to plug into the same socket as the modem, then you need a splitter. The DSL splitter are simply a filtered and unfiltered socket off one plug. The phone goes to the filtered side and the DSL goes unfiltered.

If you have an ordinary phone splitter, plug this into the phone socket on the wall. Plug the modem directly into this. The phone then connects through a filter to this splitter too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement