Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Diesel?

Options
  • 13-04-2006 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

I'm renouncing my petrohead status and looking at buying a diesel, partly for the large milage I'm starting to do.

I'm currently undecided between say a 2/3 year old Audi A4/A6 Tdi or a BMW 320D of the same vintage.

Personally I was never a big Audi fan, and prefare the looks and interior of the 3-series.

Any opinions on these models and what to look out for/avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Go for the Audi 1.9TDI 130BHP.Economical and very pokey.Not the quietest though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

The 320d is a fine car. The A4 is a lovely looking Skoda. Why not buy the Skoda? Neither of these models are particularly smooth - you should check out a JTD Alfa or a big-ass 607 HDi for comparison (looking at your shortlist, you'll never buy one). If you're doing big mileage, I'd go for comfort over a 50:50 weight distribution every time, and the 607 drops in value like a stone so you'll get a lot of motor for a lot less than you'd pay for a badge.

If you care most about what other people think of your car, the 320d is the one for you.

Advertisement