Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annual EL vs PL thread.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

Eh no I'm not telling anyone what to do.

This is what I said a few days ago:

"I'm not telling anyone what to do. It was a question. At this stage we have to find out the reasons why someone will support a foreign club ahead of an Irish club. Look at the answers and try to improve the league that way. IMO there is no reason why this league cant progress a lot further. The talent is there, the results in Europe are getting better and tv coverage is a vast improvement."

How hard is the above statement to understand?

Re representing the views of other EL fans this is the internet:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can a mod lock this shít please. Its getting annoying at this stage.

If people dont want to go out and support the eL, well, their loss, end of argument. Many see it as no loss, and thats their perogative. Far be it from anyone to tell anyone else what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Is this thread still going?

It shouldnt be a case of the LOI 'versus' the English League. They are different.

Some of the comments, remarks and opinions expressed on this thread are laughable and of the same thought-level if not lower as some 4 year olds.

Grow Up.

redspider

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

speriamo wrote:
    Re the Bray fan he didnt say he was a Bray fan until I mentioned the leeds crest. Another pattern forming there............

But yet you automatically assumed that I did not support an EL team and had no interest in it. It is possible to be a fan of a team in both leagues.

Speriamo I agree with the principal of your statements that people in Ireland need to start going to EL games in order for it to improve, but the way your going about it is all wrong and in fact the attitude you have would turn people away from the EL more than make them go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

speriamo wrote:
    Eh no I'm not telling anyone what to do.
    So was it the other Speriamo who posted this then? ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51199468&postcount=11
    speriamo wrote:
    Re representing the views of other EL fans this is the internet:eek:
    Well you don't represent the majority on this board I know. But there are many EL fans out there with your attitude, and I can guarantee it is one of the contributing factors to people not wanting to get involved with or support the EL.

Lose the superiority complex, and see where that gets you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Done for another year?

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement