Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a PS3 Website

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

the ps3 is chrome so it's a good ideea but you need to make it look more high-tech cause that's all about.

have a look at this: http://www.ps3portal.com/

plain, not too much chrome and don't over do it.
    Use as little as possible graphics.
    The top of the page should be enough in chrome and probably some small boxes on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

I just downloaded PHP nuke and Im completely confused. I have it sucessfully setup and Im on the main page, Im confused as to what it is??!!!

You probably think Im a muppet, but do I customise this straight off? the actualy php nuke? Or do I add php includes? Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

read the manual

The manual only tells you how to install it. I checked google and only useless information comes up. Im gonna keep hammering at it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dmtiling

You will end up trying alot of different things before you come to your final site. I am designing a site at the moment and im using smf forum and tiny portal. These are both free and easy to work with. Below is an example of the kind of site you can make with these two programs.

http://www.rranderson.com/arcade/

• Advertisement

Thats a pretty good site.

My template is coming on now and starting to get a bit for focused. I am using php include for all the content. Just a matter of getting it up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Thats a pretty good site.

My template is coming on now and starting to get a bit for focused. I am using php include for all the content. Just a matter of getting it up now.

Keep at it!

A little suggestion - why not make it about the playstation rather than just the playstation 3? At least when the playstation 4 comes out, your website will still be valid.

Know what I mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Fortune

Hope you haven't bought that name yet. I've a proposition for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Fortune wrote:
    I've a proposition for you.

i've being really trying baby, trying to hold back this feeling of love, but if you feel, like i feel baby, com'on com'on...lets get it on....ohhh lets get it on

LMFAO!@ Rollo!!!! Hahah.

I havent bought it yet, why? Whats your preposition? :confused:

• Advertisement

LMFAO!@ Rollo!!!! Hahah.

I havent bought it yet, why? Whats your preposition? :confused:

I've sent you a PM.

Is anyone interested in helping to run a ps3 website ? I'll be setting up one in June, and another in July/August.

what's in it for us?

What's in it for you ? Well what can YOU offer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What can I offer? Well what do YOU want?

Round and round and round it goes...

What can I offer? Well what do YOU want?

Round and round and round it goes...

I was just about to ask the same thing but I thought it will be innapropriate.

Any way I like you link in the signature - How to ask a smart question

It makes sense doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

i wouldnt get too hung up on the design, although it is important...
    the design shouldnt be the dominant aspect of your site and whatever design you go with it should highlight the content not take away from it

what will keep people going back is news, updated very frequently...

Im talking at least 5-10 items per day. And provide an rss feed.

One of the reasons people keep going back to sites like anandtech, tomshardware and boards is the frequency of content change...

Advertisement