Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - modem querry??

• 13-04-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

hi all,
    my first post on broadband section.
    my question is last august i signed up for 'eircom home starter pack' €30 pm,
    6 month contract,self install + 'FREE' modem,I paid €40 upfront at the start for something not sure now what it was:confused:
    6 months came & they put the price up to €40 pm!.
    I thinking of moving to 'BT' & but i need to know if i now own the modem or do i have to return it to Eircom??(does it belong to me?)

has anyone changed from eircom to another provider?,is so what happened to modem.

Thank you for any help;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

when it says "FREE" modem i assume its yours and considering it past the 6months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

when it says "FREE" modem I assume its yours

think I may have bad news .... :(
    ...the customer shall return the modem to eircom within 14 days of the date of cessation.
    .... in the event that the customer fails to return the modem within 14 days eircom reserve the right to charge the customer 98.99 euros

That's what it says on my 'Dear Customer welcome to Eircom' letter .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

lol, why am i not surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

People that were on the €30 promotion were increased to €40 per month when the promo ended but did get a speed increase to 2mg. They now have a 1mg product at €30pm and you can ask them to change you onto this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

For a price!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

THANK YOU for ALL replys,will look into it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

zuma wrote:
    For a price!!!

??????

Yeah, €30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Fr Dougal wrote:
    ??????

Yeah, €30pm

Thank You,All sorted now - €30 pm with Eircom 1mb line;)

Advertisement