Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Lingo!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I disagree.

idiot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

*muffled chuckle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

JenLorigan wrote:
    I disagree.

idiot.jpg

Hey Jen! You can't say that to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

That wasn't Jen, it was Game Show Host. You can't say pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

You can say speech, don't start a technicality war with me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

CTYI doesn't have a lingo, the furthest back any student can go now is my nevermore year (I think), and I'm sure any words / phrases that were going about then are mostly dead.

It has traditions, yes, but no lingo.

*leaves for another few months*

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

What about 'Die, die, die, die, live, live, live, live, sex, sex, sex, sex, more, more, more, more'?

Notice how the thread is now back on topic...

I dunno 'bout that one, does it count as lingo? It's not exactly used in conversation.

Where can we find a lingo-ologist....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Jack Lynch wrote:
    What about 'Die, die, die, die, live, live, live, live, sex, sex, sex, sex, more, more, more, more'?

JUST NO!!!!

JUST NO!!!!

Because it favours my side, I'm taking that as expert opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Last year was my first year, and I don't think either of those things (mentioned in the first post) are CTYI lingo. 'Zing', however, and 'Innuendo!' were both a pretty big deal in Drama. As was 'Hi Journalism!' As Journalism would remember only too well. I am possible the only person who ever got given out to for Zinging in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Thursday* wrote:
    Last year was my first year, and I don't think either of those things (mentioned in the first post) are CTYI lingo. 'Zing', however, and 'Innuendo!' were both a pretty big deal in Drama. As was 'Hi Journalism!' As Journalism would remember only too well. I am possible the only person who ever got given out to for Zinging in public.

That's because most of the others on this board are from session 2. Us session 1ers are a rare breed here.

There may be hope for innuendo... I remember that one, mind you just from my last two years, so that makes it about five or six years old. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

In YOUR endo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Let It Die!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'll let YOU/Yore Face/Yore Ma/Yore Ma's Face Die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

CTYI is the stories that start off "this one time at smart kids camp...."
    not lingo

Advertisement