Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which fone would you buy?

• 14-04-2006 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have a choice between a second hand nokia 6230 and a new mototola L6 or Sagem Myx6-2.

Which would you buy? Whats best? Considering theres a 70euro difference between the new phones and the nokia (which is a lot to a cash strapped student like me!!).

I dunno would like to hear ur opinions etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i think nokia 6230 are good or else get a phone from o2 site with credit.you should get a good deal there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 6230 is better than both of those phones and it'll cost you less. if its in good nick i'd say go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ok the Nokia is gone so its between a Nokia 6020, the Sagem Myx6-2, Sony K700i or motorola L6.

I like the look and size of the L6, but heard its a bit crap, i like Nokias so thats in the 6020s favour, the sony ericcson is a good fone with lots of features but ive always had reliabilty problems with them and the SAgem has a 1.3mega camera with video and expansionable memory and probly has the most features, but doesnt look as good as the rest.

Whats your views and opinions?

Ok the Nokia is gone so its between a Nokia 6020, the Sagem Myx6-2, Sony K700i or motorola L6.

I like the look and size of the L6, but heard its a bit crap, i like Nokias so thats in the 6020s favour, the sony ericcson is a good fone with lots of features but ive always had reliabilty problems with them and the SAgem has a 1.3mega camera with video and expansionable memory and probly has the most features, but doesnt look as good as the rest.

Whats your views and opinions?

i would think the k700 or the 6020. they are both on pay as you go so will be cheap enough

6020 is 109 with 75 credit or 90 credit if you upgrade. im not sure what price the k700 is.

or try find a cheap k750i as i think they are the best phones out at the moment.at a reasonable price

Ye i will be buying it on Meteor so they are all the same price (130euro), I think I may go with the K700, even though I said I would never buy a SE again after the last two i got broke after two months and 3 months, both with "water Damage", but ive had my current Nokia for 11 months and no problems. Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky.Wont be buying till next week so im going to keep an eye on ebay aswell.

• Advertisement

Ye i will be buying it on Meteor so they are all the same price (130euro), I think I may go with the K700, even though I said I would never buy a SE again after the last two i got broke after two months and 3 months, both with "water Damage", but ive had my current Nokia for 11 months and no problems. Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky.Wont be buying till next week so im going to keep an eye on ebay aswell.

yeah you are right i have had the same problem 2 times with my k750i.the joystick always becomes faulty.but i have to say sony erricson are great fones but i also think nokia are great.

my sister is selling her k750i its around 1 year old but in good nick as she doesnot use her fone alot.she os looking for around 80euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Sagem Myx6-2 is much better then the 6230. It has everything the 6230 has as well as a much better 1.3 megapixel camera.

Sagem make reliable phones as well - very rugged, can take severe mistreatment, much like the older Nokias ;)

But if moneys an issue, the 6230 isn't THAT much inferior to the Sagem that it warrants 70 quid difference...

Ye the Sagems can take a bit of abuse which wud really suit me, sure the extra money will be mostly credit anyway and i can trade an old fone in and get a further 20euro discount.

So i think im slowing making up my mind and leaning towards the Sagem.

i'd go for the mx6-2 as well. i had a sagem before and dropped it and got it wet and generally abused it and it never had a bother til some scumbag stole it. you know when you drop your phone and you try to get it to land on your foot so it doesn't break but don't quite make it so you effectively drop kick your phone and all the bits break apart? well i did that on a regular basis because i'm a moron and it never did it any harm.

the myx6-2 doesn't actually have everything the 6230 has, its missing the radio. but otrher than that its better. sagems can be slow though. you get used to it after a few days

No radio doesnt bother I never go anywhere without my MP3 player, plus you can put MP3s onto the Sagem. Whats the story with a micro SD card, wats the difference between that and a normal SD card?

Was playing with the Sagem today and it feels so sturdy, well built and "expensive". Think ill get it next week.

• Advertisement

wats the difference between that and a normal SD card?

http://www.sdcard.org/minisd/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

id go for the nokia 6230 no question - provided its in good condition.

ciaranfo wrote:
    id go for the nokia 6230 no question - provided its in good condition.

you are not going to believe this but i have had nearly 10-12 different nokia 6230's since they were lauched they are just amazing phones but now i love the sony k750i or k790.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I had a k750i which I sold, and a 6230i which is sitting on my desk... for some reason I just like this 6230 ....

ciaranfo wrote:
    I had a k750i which I sold, and a 6230i which is sitting on my desk... for some reason I just like this 6230 ....

i m the same i had a 6230i last week and sold it and love the 6230.it is a great fone i donot know why but its just simple to use.but i still like the k750i more than 6230

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

6230i is a great phone, amazing build and shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I picked up the 6-2 there a few weeks ago and it's workin' fine. Good camera resolution and I have a 1gig memory card on order. Again, it may be a little sluggish but that doesn't bother me. I had an myx5-2 beforehand, abused it senseless (physically) and it still worked fine, so I don't expect the six to be any less reliable. Having said that, I've never had any experience with the nokia but I do know some people that have had some trouble with the S.E. k700 joystick.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

Dead Ed wrote:
    I picked up the 6-2 there a few weeks ago and it's workin' fine. Good camera resolution and I have a 1gig memory card on order. Again, it may be a little sluggish but that doesn't bother me. I had an myx5-2 beforehand, abused it senseless (physically) and it still worked fine, so I don't expect the six to be any less reliable. Having said that, I've never had any experience with the nokia but I do know some people that have had some trouble with the S.E. k700 joystick.

Question for dead-ed..

Did you get the 1 gig memory card for your MYX6-2 and does the phone take it ok? The specs say it takes 256k max.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

denachoman wrote:
    Question for dead-ed..

Did you get the 1 gig memory card for your MYX6-2 and does the phone take it ok? The specs say it takes 256k max.

Thanks

Alot of phones say that. Normally the phone will accept a higher one. However I've never dealt with a Sagem with card slot before and I sold myx6-2 before I had a chance to try the transflash slot....would be interesting to know though.

Advertisement