Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericsson P990 on Expansys.ie for...

• 14-04-2006 1:00am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

€989.95 :eek:

I remember picking up my new P910i (Sim free) for €750-800 or so well over a year and a half ago, i do remember pre-orders were around €850 before its release

I'm planning on making the upgrade, of course i will ask to see it first naturally, but introducing a new phone at a higher price point than its predecessor was :rolleyes:

Also im guessing expansys are expecting them April 27th as thats when the Accesories will be in stock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

expansys are and always have been way over the market rate.i bet you that it will be min 100 euro cheaper in other place.they get them quicker so thats why they charge higher prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Somewhere I find is quite often cheaper is
    www.l8shop.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

expansys can have some good deals at times, but initially for a high profile new product the price is always sky-high - they still sell though as early adopters want them and fact stock is in short supply elsewhere means they can charge so much and still have people willing to pay

it usually drops after the first few stock cycles, and when other competitors get decent amount of stock / start undercutting the price - so unless you are prepared to pay the premium (or you have someone else paying it for you) sit back for a bit :)

expansys can have some good deals at times, but initially for a high profile new product the price is always sky-high - they still sell though as early adopters want them and fact stock is in short supply elsewhere means they can charge so much and still have people willing to pay

it usually drops after the first few stock cycles, and when other competitors get decent amount of stock / start undercutting the price - so unless you are prepared to pay the premium (or you have someone else paying it for you) sit back for a bit :)

yes you are right.its all about supply and demand.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Wow, that is a lot.

Having said that, a portion of my SSIA is earmarked for this phone. :)

Hopefully by the time it matures, the price will have come down a bit.

• Advertisement

tom dunne wrote:
    Wow, that is a lot.

Having said that, a portion of my SSIA is earmarked for this phone. :)

Hopefully by the time it matures, the price will have come down a bit.

this phone is going to be well over priced when it comes out.but i read somewhere that it wonot be out till nov/dec 2006.

i would wait atleast 2-3 months after its out for the price to stable.

Well, my SSIA won't be in until January 2006, so hopefully the price will have stabilised by then.

tom dunne wrote:
    Well, my SSIA won't be in until January 2006, so hopefully the price will have stabilised by then.

:D

Doh! 2007, of course.

/me checks calendar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

wrong place to write this of course. But do you all not think paying 700+ on a phone is sickeningly expensive?

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote:
    wrong place to write this of course. But do you all not think paying 700+ on a phone is sickeningly expensive?

nah thats not expensive.it all depends on what type of phone it is.

weemcd wrote:

It is probably the one indulgance I will spend my SSIA on.

Also, as a gadget enthusiast, I want a device that does everything - think of the cost of a digital camera, an mp3 player, a decent phone (with fm radio) and a wifi/bluetooth enabled PDA. Add them all up and they would come to around the same.

Just don't tell the wife....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Jasus what a phone. and a price :D

Advertisement