Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song in Sopranos?????

Options
  • 14-04-2006 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Ok, so deos anyone know the name of the song that was on at the start and at the end of the Sopranos tonight (04/13/06)? Some black dude talking like "number 1, bla bla bla, number 2 bla bla bla" anybody?? Silverfish, ye know ye wanna awnser that, don't fight it, just let the feeling lead you. (I was goin to say "let the feeling envelope you" but I wasn't sure how to spell envelope/envelope/ect, you know the word I mean... Don't pretend you don't.) Anyways deos anyone know the name or artist from the song??

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'v been trying to figure it out for years.. *Woke up this mornin' Got myself a gun* feckin great song but doubt it will ever be in the charts tbh.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

It was played on the Gerry Ryan show the other day. Its called "Woke Up This Morning" by A3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

from the great Exile On Coldharbour Lane album

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

slipss wrote:
    Ok, so deos anyone know the name of the song that was on at the start and at the end of the Sopranos tonight (04/13/06)? Some black dude talking like "number 1, bla bla bla, number 2 bla bla bla" anybody?? Silverfish, ye know ye wanna awnser that, don't fight it, just let the feeling lead you. (I was goin to say "let the feeling envelope you" but I wasn't sure how to spell envelope/envelope/ect, you know the word I mean... Don't pretend you don't.) Anyways deos anyone know the name or artist from the song??

Well, do you mean "Woke up this morning' by Alabama 3 or do you mean some once off song from the sopranos on 04.13.06? Because I wasn't watching it so need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

slipss wrote:
    If you're talking about the first episode of the sixth series, I don't think it was a song. I believe it's an excerpt from "The Western Lands" by William Burroughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

I am assuming this: you are not asking for the title track, which has been correctly identified (alabama 3), and that you are talking about the the first episode of season 6 which was shown on RTE on the 13th.

The song that started off the program was by Material - Seven Souls. The "black dude" was none other than the white dude William S Buroughs reading an extract from his novel Western Lands (confirmed by RobertFoster)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Yep Material The Western Lands thats the one thanks.

Advertisement