Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia wi-fi router any good?

• 14-04-2006 7:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭

I received a letter saying I can now get broadband (exchange has been upgraded).
    Eircom have a home starter package 1m down 128k upload with a free Netopia wi-fi router and free self install for €29.99 (inc. VAT) per month.

Is this router any good and is eircom broadband ok?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Even though I hate saying this, I am actually happy with the service eircom have provided for me. I'm on their 3mb line with the netopia router and I have had about an hours downtime in total since I got their package 8 months ago.

I will admit transferring over to them from Esat BT was a nightmare but thats another story:)

Ive found the Netopia router to be great and I've had no complaints with it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its a grand basic wifi router.. as long as you do not want to do anything fancy like add fancy hardware firewalls with public ip addresses for VPN etc.. you will be fine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Neilw

Thanks for that....going to order the 29.99 a month pack.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Neilw wrote:
    Thanks for that....going to order the 29.99 a month pack.

Neil.

I ordered the 'home starter pack' for €30 pm also then after the six month contract was over they increased it to €40:mad: but doubled the speed.
    be careful;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's a bit fiddly to set up incomming connections for anything not already defined. But it works. I prefer the Dlink DI-634M series (Ethernet WAN port or ADSL modem port versions).

Do make sure sensible Wireless settings for security or turn of wireless if you are just using Ethernet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement