Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bluetooth car kit

Options
  • 14-04-2006 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

My Dad just got a new car, a brand new VW Passat Estate, and he wants to put a car kit in it for his phone. He wants something that will come over the car speakers and turn off the volume on the radio when in use. The radio is the RCD300. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I would recommend the Parrot 3200 Handsfree Bluetooth Car Kit + Colour LCD. I have the lesser model but this new one looks sweet....even displays a pic of the person who is calling you. Mine was simple to install once you have the right adaptors etc and it mutes the radio when a call comes in and plays over the car speakers so no installing secondary speakers....mine didn't come with that nice fancy display so I didn't have to drill one single hole, but you might have to, to mount that colour LCD
    l127593.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭maidhc

I know there was an option in the passat to get one factory fitted with the keypad fitting into the sliding drawers above the radio. Maybe the same one can be retro fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just get the nokia ck-7w , i have that fitted in my golf that has the same stereo.its very clear and also reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

@fletch
    I think my dad would prefer something discreet, and also something simple to use. I'm not sure he'd like the idea of the lcd screen.

@drdre
    I take it from your post that it comes through the radio. What's it like to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

chalky wrote:
    @fletch
    I think my dad would prefer something discreet, and also something simple to use. I'm not sure he'd like the idea of the lcd screen.
    On second thoughts you're probably right, also have to think about some scumbag seein it and tryin to rob it.....Then maybe the one I have would more suit...I have the Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Car Kit All you see is a little button to answer/reject/control volume
    Parrot_evolution_3D.jpgphoto-017.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have a SonyEricsson Bluetooth car ki . He can have it for €125 ...I'll even help him install it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

chalky wrote:
    I take it from your post that it comes through the radio. What's it like to use?

yes it comes through radio,its clear so when the radio is on and a call comes through the radio mutes itself and when call is finished it goes back on.its very easy to install if you know what you are doing but i got carkits.ie to install my one.

the best thing its discreet and cost approx 100-110 and 50 for fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Thanks for the replies, I'll present them to my dad and see what he thinks.
    Sharkman, I'll keep your offer in mind. Whats the model? or do you have a link for it.
    I'll let you know what he decides.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Get the parrot/sony ericsson kit
    http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=124493&asource=K750I_BLACK

fantastic kit, its well worth checking out. I have it in the golf and it matches perfectly

• Advertisement
Advertisement