Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Do Meteor locked their phones?

• 14-04-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

and what is their policy for unlocking?

I bought a SonyEricsson K750i from Carphonewarehouse on a new connection to Meteor and they told me it was sim-free...and indeed it turned out to be. However, I'm not sure if that's the case if I bought it from a Meteor store directly.

Lastly, if the phones are locked, do they have a unlocking policy?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well my meteor nokia 6600 was not locked when i bought it.. a few years back now though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i donot think they bother locking them.i bought afew over the years and as far as i can remember they were not locked;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

They do lock them. I had a MyC3 and it was locked, and also several 3510is etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The CPW Meteor bill phones mainly aren't locked. All others are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Most are. Some aren't. The main two, as far as I recall, are the K750i and the W800i.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Saruman wrote:
    Well my meteor nokia 6600 was not locked when i bought it.. a few years back now though...

mine was, but was easy enough to unlock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Most of their phones are locked. Rare that they aren't unless they are bill or the odd unusual model. When I first got a 3510i on the Meteor Network (Back when they were 250E and no-one had even seen a colour screen) it was unlocked though...:D

Advertisement