Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL action

• 14-04-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom League Premier Division Fixtures
    14 April 2006
    Shelbourne - Dublin City 8:00
    Bohemians - St Patrick's Athletic 7:45
    Bray Wanderers - Cork City 7:45
    Drogheda United - UCD 7:45
    Longford Town - Derry City 7:30
    Sligo Rovers - Waterford United 7:30

Some decent games on Bohs Pats being the highlight as usually its a decent game with lots of sober fans.

0-1 2-2 0-3 1-0 0-2 1-0 :)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Two all with Shels and CHF?

Ha! With the way Shels are playing, thanks for the optimism that we'll score two goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

14 April 2006
    Shelbourne - Dublin City 8:00 Home win
    Bohemians - St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Home win
    Bray Wanderers - Cork City 7:45 Away
    Drogheda United - UCD 7:45 Home
    Longford Town - Derry City 7:30 Away
    Sligo Rovers - Waterford United 7:30 Home

I always fancy Bray on their own ground but City look too good for them. I wouldnt put money on them though.

I fully expect Sligo to beat a very young Waterford side. Only 3 years ago Waterford were a top half of the table team, but since Jimmy McGeough left things have never been the same.

Its amazing to see a Bohs vs Pats game being basically a md-table scrap. How times have changed. Id fancy Bohs. I just dont see Pats having enough pace in their side to impact this season.

Yes, I'm an idiot.:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Looking forward to the game in the Carlisle grounds tonight because Bray can usually give anyone a good game when at home. Been a pretty poor start to the season with only 2 points so far where as Cork seem to be getting better as the season progresses. Not many give Bray a chance tonight but I think this one could end in a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

14 April 2006
    Shelbourne - Dublin City 8:00 Home win
    Bohemians - St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Home win
    Bray Wanderers - Cork City 7:45 Away
    Drogheda United - UCD 7:45 Home
    Longford Town - Derry City 7:30 Away
    Sligo Rovers - Waterford United 7:30 Home

Seems a bit too obvious, I have a big accumulator on all the above but can see Longford and UCD coming away with at least a point.

Im still not sure where Bohs stand this season, we've lost 1-0 to the big 3 away to Derry and Cork and home to Drogheda playing brilliantly against Cork

We then scored 8 goals in 2 games against the giants that are Waterford and Athlone. If we beat Pats tonight I think we should be challenging for Setanta Cup qualification.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bohsman wrote:
    If we beat Pats tonight I think we should be challenging for Setanta Cup qualification.

IF we win, will the Farrelly out campaign start?

kdjac

Of course it will, those fickle, fickle Bohs fans.

seansouth wrote:
    Of course it will, those fickle, fickle Bohs fans.

Banners are in storage and the large bottle of tippex is ordered to remove Kenny from them :D

kdjac

What I actually said was if we win tonight it shows we may be good enough to challenge - But the stats speak for themselves, is there a manager in the league whose job would be safe with this record? (other than Devlin)

1. Tue 2 Aug Derry City 3-1 Bohemians Loss#1
    2. Sat 6 Aug Longford 1-0 Bohemians Loss#2
    3. Thu 11 Aug Bohemians 1-0 Bray Wanderers WIn#1
    4. Fri 19 Aug Shelbourne 2-1 Bohemians Loss#3
    5. Fri 2 Sep Bohemians 1-3 Shamrock Rovers Loss#4
    6. Fri 9 Sep St Patrick's Ath 0-1 Bohemians Win#2
    7. Fri 16 Sep Bohemians 2-3 Derry Loss#5
    8. Fri 30 Sep Waterford United 2-0 Bohemians Loss#6
    9. Mon 3 Oct Bohemians 1-1 St Patrick's Ath Draw#1
    10. Fri 14 Oct Bohemians 3-1 Finn Harps Win#3
    11. Fri 28 Oct UCD 1-3 Bohemians Win#4
    12. Mon 31 Oct Bohemians 1-2 Cork City Loss#7
    13. Fri 4 Nov Bohemians 1-0 Longford Win#5
    14. Tue 8 Nov Drogheda United 3-2 Bohemians Loss#8
    15. Fri 11 Nov Bray Wanderers 3-1 Bohemians Loss#9
    16. Fri 18 Nov Bohemians 0-3 Shelbourne Loss#10
    17. Fri 10 Mar Bohemians 0 - 1 Drogheda Loss#11
    18. Sat 18 Mar Sligo Rovers 1 - 0 Bohemians Loss#12
    19. Fri 24 Mar Cork City 1 - 0 Bohemians loss#13
    20. Fri 31 Mar Bohemians 4 - 2 Waterford United Win #6
    21. Fri 7 Apri Derry City 1 - 0 Bohemians Loss#14

Since last August, league games:
    Played 21
    Won 6
    Drew 1
    Lost 14

bohsman wrote:
    What I actually said was if we win tonight it shows we may be good enough to challenge - But the stats speak for themselves, is there a manager in the league whose job would be safe with this record? (other than Devlin)

Since last August, league games:
    Played 21
    Won 6
    Drew 1
    Lost 14

Mac Donnell must have a worse record, he got a new deal.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Mac Donnell must have a worse record, he got a new deal.

kdjac

We still have a similar budget to the league winning side, afaik Pats are still cutting back?

bohsman wrote:
    We still have a similar budget to the league winning side, afaik Pats are still cutting back?

I hope so, we signed a lot of players. But still the manager is fairly safe barring relegation this season he should be there next season.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Shelbourne 1-0 Dublin City. O'Neill 29 min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Drogheda 1-0 UCD Bradley 47 min

0-0 god awful match, Pats as usual should have won. Mc Guinnes was Bohs best player at CB and then oes the most stupidest tackle ever on Keegan (the slowest player ever) and mashes him, straight red.

Bohs fan summed it up perfectly "thank god theres no relegation this season".

Awful awful awful game.....

kdjac

Horrible. The worst Bohs team Ive ever seen, with the least bottle. Dont think we had one shot on target.

No offence lads but what did you expect when both clubs big signings in the close season where the Paul Keegan, Vinny Arkins, both classic "League of Ireland" players but not kind of players that are going to be exciting to watch.

No offence lads but what did you expect when both clubs big signings in the close season where the Paul Keegan, Vinny Arkins, both classic "League of Ireland" players but not kind of players that are going to be exciting to watch.

O Connor? Quigley? Foley? Molloy? Frost?

We have good exciting players to watch which made it awfuller(word?) to watch.

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just back from the Bray Cork game and I didnt think I would be saying this but Bray should have fairly handily. Cork were poor and only managed two shots of note that were saved by Skippy. Bray on the other hand had some clear opportunities. Zayed pulled off one of the misses of the season when he had ages to pick his spot ten yards out and managed to sidefoot the ball straight at McNulty. A shocking miss. He also had a header saved by McNulty and a couple of other chances he should have done better with. Robbie Doyle had another clear chance that he managed to hit wide, Tyrlle had a volley just wide and pip hit a lovely volley that skimmed the top of the bar. In the end it has to go down as two points lost for Bray as they really should have won the match.

Also the Cork fans seemed to be olding their own protest against Pat Devlin as they brough Banners with them that said "Devlin Out" etc with them. Was interesting stuff :D

Listening on the radio, it sounded like Bray deserved to win.

They are always competitive at home.

0-0 in Bray is never that bad a result anyway. Onwards to the Setanta Cp final next Saturday.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    O Connor? Quigley? Foley? Molloy? Frost?

We have good exciting players to watch which made it awfuller(word?) to watch.

kdjac

I don't rate Molloy anymore. He's too slow and had not looked after himself the last few years.

Frosty was an excellent signing though. He similar to Danny Murphy down in Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

League really is starting to take shape now.
     Drogheda U    6   5   1   0   5   0  16
     Cork City     6   3   3   0   4   1  12
     Derry City    4   3   0   1   6   2   9
     Shelbourne    5   2   3   0   6   4   9
     UCD           6   2   1   3   5   5   7
     St Pat's A    6   1   4   1   4   4   7
     Sligo Rvrs    5   1   3   1   3   4   6
     Dublin City   6   1   2   3   2   4   5
     Bohemians     6   1   1   4   4   6   4
     Longford Tn   4   0   3   1   2   3   3
     Bray Wndrs    5   0   3   2   4   8   3
     Waterford U   5   0   2   3   3   7   2

Fair play to Drogs, they just keep on churning out results. Every time I've seen them this season they've impressed and I would not be surprised if they were still there at the end of the season.

Had to work tonight (had a straight choice between workin last Monday and tonight, clearly picked the wrong one!) but was talking to Richie Baker afterwards and he seemed to think it was comfortable enough. Jayo hit a post and Crowe had one of those shocking misses that seem to haunt us now. Still, hopefully O'Neill will be kept in the side (apparently his goal was class, from another Ollie Cahill cross) and Shels will keep up this momentum we have going in the league.

Oh, and the ref got injured too I hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

bah...

i hate bray and their poxy ground... city dominated in patches but failed to make possesion count, and only had one clear cut chance when admir softic forced a good save from the bray keeper.. zayed should have gotten all three points near the end but mcnulty pulled off another top class save..

city would want to start scoring goals, 4 in 6 really just isnt good enough..

I think it was more a case of Zayed hitting it right at McNulty than it being a great save. I think the save he made from Zayed's header was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Kilkenny 0 - 2 Dundalk

Dundalks march up the table continue's no longer the worst team in the land. They will go on a run now lads watch this space the two strikers scored last night and We even had a man sent off as well. The confidence is up and runing now and dundalk will win the league. Come one the town !!!!!

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION APR 14
    P W D L F A Pts
    Shamrock R 6 4 2 0 8 1 14
    Limerick FC 5 4 0 1 5 3 12
    Galway Utd 6 1 4 1 3 2 7
    Monaghan U 5 1 3 1 4 3 6
    Dundalk 6 2 0 4 4 6 6
    Athlone Tn 4 1 2 1 2 2 5
    Kilkenny C 5 1 2 2 4 6 5
    Cobh Rmbls 5 1 2 2 3 5 5
    Finn Harps 4 1 1 2 8 7 4
    Kildare Co 4 1 0 3 3 9 3

I don't rate Molloy anymore. He's too slow and had not looked after himself the last few years.

I think every Pats fan would have agreed with you before he played, now they would all say he works his arse off and what he lacks in pace he makes up for in attitude (he dictates who goes were) Very impressed with him so far. He isnt fully fit tho came off after an hour knackered, i blame Roddy Collins and his training. Roddy was at the game last night chant of night "Roddy collins is ****** but thanks for relegating rovers"

kdjac

Molloy wasnt impressed at being subbed, fought with O Brien before sitting down not looking happy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i really like billyboy, always did but he's not the player he was.

Limerick can go top with a win.

2 draws????? in div 1???????? lets start the scully out chants? oh wait we're not boez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Sligo Rovers 1-1 Waterford

McTiernan after six minutes, Hughes for Waterford after 15. Still in the first half.

Also (according to Aertel):

Longford Town 0-0 Derry City
    First Division: Cobh Ramblers 0-0 Kildare County

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sligo 2 Waterford 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Rovers 3-1 up now. :D

Edit: That was the final score. Win #2, woo!

sligo will be staying up, waterford to drop boez to play off, drogs to win it, cork 2nd, pats 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

And Shels/Derry?

Shels 4th (but battled all the way by Derry), Derry for a cup. I think pats will be this years surprize team like Derry last year

blu_sonic wrote:
    Shels 4th (but battled all the way by Derry), Derry for a cup. I think pats will be this years surprize team like Derry last year

HAHAHAHAHHAH

Not a chance, we be lucky to stay 6th.

kdjac

• Advertisement

well i thought they could really push for something this year, but i would guess you know mare than me of whats going on in the pats camp, so the shels 3rd (pushed by Derry)

We could well have been in line for the playoff spot, fortunately theres no relegation this year.

thats not been confirmed yet, so your playoff spot could still be active

Advertisement