Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortening a pipe connected through an brass elbow joint

Options
  • 14-04-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I'm certain I'm not using the right terminology here, but I need to shorten a pipe that's connected through what I call a 'brass elbow joint'. It looks something like this except it has no bolts on it like this one does.

I need to shorten the pipe on the far side of this joint meaning I have to disconnect the pipe from it, cut it and re-attach it.

I have no idea how since there is no bolt or other obvious way to detach it. I'm sure it's simple - maybe I just pull it free and jam it back in ?

Can someone please help an obviously novice plumber ? !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi m_stan,

The photo is of a fairly standard Conex fitting, are you trying to move a gas appliance ?

That is my first thought because similar fittings are used for gas, they are usually soldered and not really the part of the novice skillset.

A bit more detail may help.

Advertisement