Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea 3 in 3 out

• 14-04-2006 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

http://football365.com/news/story_182580.shtml

"We change three players," said Mourinho. "Three players who want to play more and are not very happy in the club, or some players I am frustrated with and have nothing to give us."

He added: "I change them for three other players. I would say three players will come in in the summer. It is the natural process.

I wonder who the 3 players on the way out will be?

Huth? Duff? SWP?

Hopefully liverpool will jump on duff if he becomes available.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think Jarosik will be one. Mourinho said last week that he wants more play time than he can guarantee him.
    So out: Jarosik
    In: Ballack

Not sure about the others. Maybe one of the wingers? Mourinho dropped all wingers for the West Ham game last week, hasn't been happy with them of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm sure Ballack will be one of the signings.

The three I'd expect to leave would be Glen Johnson, Geremi and A.N.Other (Possibly SWP, Huth, Bridge maybe?) Actually, forgot about Jarosik.

Bridge would be an excellent signing for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

Duff hasn't looked like part of the team this season wouldn't be even slightly shocked if it was him, hope it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

jarosik and bridge will be going out
    ballack in
    not sure about anyone else although im sure they will try and get adriano or shevshenko and get rid of drogba/cresspo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

maybe even crespo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

IN: Adriano, Jarosik, Some winger

OUT: Crespo, Ballack, SWP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ibramhimovich is commiting to Juve, which is great news for the rest of the Premiership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Can't see SWP being one of the outs - he hasn't actually made much use of him yet and he's bringing him into the team slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

if duff or robben go i hope united get one to replace gigsy on the left.

p.pete wrote:
    Can't see SWP being one of the outs - he hasn't actually made much use of him yet and he's bringing him into the team slowly.
    But why would he be brought into the team slowly? It can't be because he's a too young a player, he's 25 later this year i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

SofaKing wrote:
    IN: Adriano, Jarosik, Some winger

OUT: Crespo, Ballack, SWP

a cunning plan indeed, they could sell the players the next day for less than they paid for them, maybe even buy and sell the same player to themselves twice in 254 hours just to show how much money Roman has and too upset Utd fans.

I hope Duff stays. I think Geremi is actually proving himself to be worthy of a place in the squad with his performances this season, Huth .. from the interviews he gives seems to be quite content. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Cudicini leave as he could walk into most teams and must be getting tired of playing second fiddle to Cech. Maniche hasn't looked the business either and might be thinking of avoiding another nasty winter. I think Glen Johnson / Carlton Cole are other likely candidates, both probably could get 1st team football elsewhere in the premiership. I doubt Chelsea would have a hope of selling SWP for anywhere near what we paid for him, so doubt they'll flog him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Chelsea wont sell anyone to their rivals, so Duff or Robben wont be going to Utd or Pool.

IN Ballack Shevchenko Some panish player.?

OUT Gallas Jarosik Johnson?

kdjac

growler wrote:
    a cunning plan indeed, they could sell the players the next day for less than they paid for them, maybe even buy and sell the same player to themselves twice in 254 hours just to show how much money Roman has and too upset Utd fans.
    :)

Fixed:
    IN: Adriano, Ballack, Some winger

OUT: Crespo, Jarosik, SWP

Maybe (optimistically) SWP to Liverpool for 10mil.

KdjaC wrote:
    Chelsea wont sell anyone to their rivals, so Duff or Robben wont be going to Utd or Pool.

kdjac

and Duff is unlikely imo to go abroad, no one else could afford him so he'll probably stay.

Crazy that we played the best football so far this year without either of them.

Gudjohnson could be going too, with Ballack coming in there is less openings for him.. shame in some ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

growler wrote:

Gudjohnson could be going too, with Ballack coming in there is less openings for him.. shame in some ways.

Who do you want in and out?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

KdjaC wrote:

They owe us one , didn't we sell them Veron.;)

I think Robben could well be one on the way out. I would like to see United get him as they should have in the first place.

KdjaC wrote:
    Who do you want in and out?

kdjac

I would like to see a 20+ goals a season striker come in, Shevchenko would be great to watch every week and I don't have any great emotional attachment to Drogba :) so wouldn't lose any sleep if he did leave.

Ballack will also be an interesting player to watch, I'm not sure that we need him with both Lampard and Makalele in the picture.

I think that Carlton Cole, Jarosik and Bridge are off although I always believed C Cole had the potential to be an excellent striker for us. I think it's possible that Robben will be off to Spain (most likely) I suspect that Jose and himself aren't the best of buddies these days and he's frustrating at times to watch.

As I mentioned above I think Cudicini is also a likely departure, which is unfortunate as he is a truly excellent keeper but I think he is not mercenary enough to accept being second for yet another season.

Gallas I do not want to see go. Gudjonson I could understand.

Its a hard life being a Chelsea fan these days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i would not like to see united trying to get robben we did before and he went off to chelsea plus he is such a moaner. i would however like to see duff replacing giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BFassassin wrote:
    i would not like to see united trying to get robben we did before and he went off to chelsea plus he is such a moaner. i would however like to see duff replacing giggs

It was uniteds own Fault he went to Chelsea , they tried to go back on a deal they had agreed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Would Maniche be included in the 3? Since he's not a Chelsea player.

• Advertisement

guess not, he'll be off back to Moscow anyway, good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i find it hard to believe that it will only be 3 out and 3. I can see at least 8 players moving away. These players are most likely to move on imo, they'd be each better off without Chelsea
    Duff
    Robben
    Gudjohnsen
    Bridge
    Carlton Cole
    Jaroisik
    Bridge
    Crespo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bridge
    Carlton Cole
    Jaroisik
    Bridge
    Crespo

Aye, Bridge twice! I guess that emphasises just how much he should leave! :D

i find it hard to believe that it will only be 3 out and 3. I can see at least 8 players moving away. These players are most likely to move on imo, they'd be each better off without Chelsea
    Duff
    Robben
    Gudjohnsen
    Bridge
    Carlton Cole
    Jaroisik
    Bridge
    Crespo

how would Duff , Robben and Crespo be "better off" ?
    unless you mean that Liverpool, Man U, Arse.. whichever you follow , would be better off with them ... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

cant see anybody major leaving bar crespo.
    carlton cole to be the 2nd, with possibly somebody like huth maybe being the 3rd.

maniche, jarosik and bridge dont count i feel because they are out on loan and dont think they are n his plans anyway. these 3 players will also be gone.

ballack, a decent striker, like torres and a total surprise will be the players that they will aim for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

maniche, jarosik and bridge dont count i feel because they are out on loan and dont think they are n his plans anyway. these 3 players will also be gone.

Exactly!

It will be three players from their current squad.
    Those I expect to see leave:

Crespo - he isn't doing well enough, and for the type of player he is, he should be scoring more
    Gallas - quite clearly unhappy not playing in his proper position. has stated it and has been linked to lots and lots of clubs
    Duff/SWP - Don't cut it in Europe for Chelsea

In:
    Who knows?
    Ballack - R. Madrid will still try
    Striker
    Defender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

There is a bit of talk about SWP to liverpool, so he could be one of the players to leave. Apparantly SWP wants to move back to the north west and doesnt want to go back to city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Crespo - he isn't doing well enough, and for the type of player he is, he should be scoring more

he's chelsea's top scorer amongst the strikers played 22(15) scored 13

how would u consider him not doing well enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Not well enough for a club thats able to buy almost anybody in the world to replace him (most teams would kill to have Crespo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Not well enough for a club thats able to buy almost anybody in the world to replace him

doesnt mean any top striker wants to join them. crespo had no interest in going back, and he'll more than likely be back to italy this summer imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Out; Jarosik, Johnson, Duff
    In; Ballack, Joaquin, ?

Frightening really. I can't stand this philosophy of Chelsea's whereby they effectively hoard talent and throw money at the market, for the sake of it in some cases. I think they have had their hands burnt with Essien to an extent and I feel that the same could happen with Ballack.

Advertisement