Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1.ie

• 14-04-2006 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Folk's

Live about 4 miles from Drogheda in small village and have been trying to get broadband for years without any luck(I run a small web based business using dial up)

Anyhow Net1.ie has appeared from nowhere and low and behold that can offer me a broadband service, it does n't come cheap but when your desperate.

For €99 per mth, your get free instalation, speed kb/s=2100/2100 and contention ratio max 15:1.

What I'd like to know does anyone know anything about their service or had any experience with them before I sign my life away .:confused:

rgd's

Brazz

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

My Dad uses this in Meath and while they were using IBB for their backhaul the service was cack but since they moved to C&W he's been very happy with it. He's on the 1100Kb up and down package and get's around 900kb/s down and 1mbit up most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You can get cheaper packages than €99 with Net1, like the one the previous poster mentioned. I think that one costs €47. The installation charge can be pretty steep, depending on where you live. I think installs are only free for the most expensive package. Check their site out:
    www.net1.ie

If you live to the north of Drogheda, you could get Digiweb from Mt. Oriel which is cheaper both in terms of monthly cost and install fee but upload speeds are much less.

Oh and if the small village you are based in is called Termonfeckin, eircom DSL has arrived there quite recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brazz

Thanks Guys, checked out Digiweb, they say they can't provide(seems strange).

Village is Tullyallen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's strange allright... It's very likely that Net1 are on the same mast as Digiweb are or at least they are both on Mt. Oriel. It's possible that the different antennae Digiweb use are not directed at Tullyallen.

Are Tullyallen covered by a Group Broadband Scheme? If they are, then it is very likely Net1 would be the provider anyway as they have done a few GBSs around the area.

Basically you have only one choice and that is Net1. If you are happy with the costs then you probably should go for it. Eircom will never come near Tullyallen unless they built an exchange there. Phone lines there are at a minimum 6 km long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brazz

GBS, not as far as I know. I'll go with Net1 then as I seem to have very little choice. TBC, Thanks very much for your imput.

• Advertisement
Advertisement