Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a team

Options
  • 14-04-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Anybody know of any teams that you can join in the southside of dublin? Im looking to get back into basketball but im not sure where to start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Well, the season is almost completely over now, so everyone is winding down. Most teams had their last matches in the last 2 or 3 weeks. You'll be looking at starting again in August/September/October depending on the club you join. Some will start training earlier than others.

It depends what standard you're at, but the likes of UCD Marian have a Division 1, 2, 3 & 4 team AFAIK so you can join at any level.

Whereabouts are you on the southside? Location might be a big factor. What level did you play at?

You can view clubs at http://www.dmbb.net/ ... there's contact information for most clubs there as well.

Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Im in rathmines, i used to play for my team in secondary school for a season but it wasnt that serious, that was about 7 years ago now so really is a long time to be out of it, but i would definitely love to get back into it

You'd probably be looking for a Div 3/4/5 team so unless you reckon you can start playing to a pretty high standard again pretty quickly! If you're pretty fit anyway maybe you can!

You're probably not that far away from Templeogue in Division 3, but there is a Rathmines team actually playing in Division 4. I don't know that much about them, but contact details are at:

http://www.dmbb.net/clubs.aspx

Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They're called rathmines but play in inchicore. I'd give them a try as its only down the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

You’ll need to be fit to play mens division, even the lower divisions are getting more and more competitive. There are a lot of polish/eastern European players populating the mens division teams recently, they can all play and are tough as nails.

• Advertisement

You can't not be able to run, but I don't believe you need to be _that_ fit. I'm of the opinion that the Dublin divisions aren't a great standard unless you start going to Div.1.

I just don't think a lot of the teams are coached / train properly. There were some pretty unfit teams in Division 3 IIRC.

Phil.

Advertisement