Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virtual CD Drives

• 14-04-2006 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Just a quick question about virtual cd drives.

I have tried using Microsofts virtual CD application and while it mounts the iso image fine I cant get it to work for any games. Is this because games have in built security to stop such measures, am I missing any other steps or is there a better application for doing this? Constantly changing CD's for one thing or another is a pain.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

As you say the games have built in security to prevent such copyright measures. Though a better app to use in these instances is daemon tools , just do a google and this will do what you are looking for .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Try Alcohol, allows many different virtual drives, works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i find clone cd the easiest to use,you can set up 6 vitual cddrives, or more, make images as many as you wish,then mount,image onto drive f say, as and when you want to play game,or cd,its images are also compatible with,daemon tools, ie i set it to load 4 educational progs ,with av,sound,etc,on drife ,f,g,h,j .And those progs are desIGNED ,NOT TO BE INSTALLED ON A HARDRIVE,ie they run direct from cdrom, so i now have 4 cdrom virtual images running from, 4 virtual drives.Saves me putting in 4 cdroms in pc.its a free download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Just a quick question about virtual cd drives.

I have tried using Microsofts virtual CD application and while it mounts the iso image fine I cant get it to work for any games. Is this because games have in built security to stop such measures, am I missing any other steps or is there a better application for doing this? Constantly changing CD's for one thing or another is a pain.

Thanks
    Hi,
    Once you install the game just setup a NoCD patch.
    GameCopyWorld + your game name in google should do it.

(I don't want to past link, cause it fringing on law; although... a small rant...I asked a while back about posting good/interesting torrent was allowed; answered yes but only legal ones. Now in the soccer forum people can freely post links to illegally broadcast matches... sorry about that)

Advertisement