Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pri Isdn

Options
  • 14-04-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know about providers for PRI ISDN line in Ireland. I've checked the net but could only find:
    http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2003/12/07/story219486187.asp
    It is showing a bit old rates.
    I would like to have basic idea before i start ringing different companies like Eircom or ESATBT.

Tx
    Khalid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Prices? Typical rates these days are about 200 euro per month line rental, unless you are getting other services or have a high minute volume, then you may get the rental waived. Depending on where you are, try Colt, Smart, NTL before BT/Eircom as you'll probably get better rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 khalid100

Cheers Mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Do you mean PRA, monthly rental around 250, although there's always deals on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PRI and PRA are the same thing - one's just the american way of putting it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

€3000 install

• Advertisement

jebus! who charges you that! most pri installs are free!

Sorry , that fee is €3299 install for a full or fractional pri and you know bloody well who charges that Steve (unless there is a promotion on which there was last autumn) its Eircom of course the lads who own all the phone lines .

Read This

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt10.pdf

Hi Sponge,

No need to take offence, and Eircom don't own -all- the lines, just lots of them, If you are in a metro area, you can get pri from smart, ntl, colt and more, without the heftly install charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Got in on the Autumn deal myself, saves the 3000 odd charge.

When it comes to it, I'd feel safer having the lines with Eircom.

If you are in a metro area, you can get pri from smart, ntl, colt and more, without the heftly install charges.
    True steve but thats only in a few business parks in the 5 or 6 largest cities, most of the country is eircom only as you know and the OP never told us otherwise .

If the OP goes to a large business park like citywest or to the IFSC he can get any or all of of NTL Business, Colt, BT, MCI (now verizon business), Smart , Magnet , Digiweb Metro to supply his PRI ,thats correct . I didn't leave anyone out there did I . They all work as well as an eircom one and are cheaper .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

khalid100 what do you want the Primary rate for (install 3299 and monthly rental 268) do you want the 30 channels for voice or data. There are other solutions out there that might suit you better. Please advise.....

The Esat PRA and FRA are not the same as eircoms , esat's will only allow you to take 15 inbound / outbound calls at one time on the PRA and 8 on the FRA, eircoms will allow you to take 30 on the PRA and 16 on the FRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

They all work as well as an eircom one and are cheaper .

They are eircoms, they buy them wholesale.

eircom free connection promo back on for all of June . Thats €0 instead of €3299

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Does getting PRI involve eircom running more copper into your home?

Usually, yes.

Advertisement