Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most beautiful car?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Just to show how tastes differ, I don't get how people like the look of the Miura. It looks like a bug eyed frog with cartoon mascara to me, so it just looks stupid, not beautiful to my eyes.

Have a look at the attached pic of a Ferrari 430. Even though I actually think the 430 is quite ugly from the front (a "snouty frog" look), I think the picture itself is stunning. And yes I called the 430 ugly! The 355 is a pretty car. Can't help thinking of the guy in the Italian job whenever I say that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I always had a bit of a thing for these babys too:-

Corvette-stingray-rod-fr-st.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

pburns wrote:
    Nobody has mentioned the E-type Jag (may have something tgo do with the demographic of this forum)

Not that I'm an E-type fan - don't like 'em at all. But apparantly if any of the classic car mags put an E-type on the cover it boosts sales.

The E-type never did it for me either, there's a certain tackiness to the design. The best-looking Jaguar, in my opinion, was the original XJ6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Saw a Stingray today in Rathgar JohnnyStorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Mr P Burns, you're onto something. I love those Astons as well , be it V8 or Vantage spec or Volante, If my 6 numbers came up, i'd have to indulge...

They drove one on Top Gear a few months back, it will always be one of my top 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

pburns wrote:
    And while I'm dissing sacred cows - the Muira - what's all the fuss about? It looks 'squished'

With reference to the Miura I think to be fair you have to see in in person to appreciate it and if possible drive it or travel in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

'Beautiful', as an adjective, means something quite specific and it seems the Italians have it sussed... However there are other ways in which a car can be aesthetically desirable. Quick examples (covering a brod price-range)

An Alfa 156 is conventionally 'beautiful'

A Mazda6 is 'handsome'

A Mini Cooper is 'cute'

A Ferrari 550 Maranello is 'purposeful'

A Merc CLS is ... none of the above...but I want one real bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I can't in all honesty see any beauty in an Alfa 156 tbh, or in any modern Alfa with the exception of a GTV which is planned for the near future. I think you have to look at classic cars for real beauty because there are too many restrictions nowadays as regards safety and efficiency. Designers of old designed cars as if they were creating masterpieces not trendy consumer items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ernie Ball wrote:

Looks like it was designed by a PlayStation programmer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

1969fordmustangboss4297xu.jpg

'Nuff Said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It's very obviously the Miura SV...
    biga.jpg
    bigc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Alfa-Romeo-Brera-0001.jpg

Advertisement