Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email not working

• 14-04-2006 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

:confused: Hi , I recently changed from IOL to Smart and continued to use my IOL email address.All worked fine until yesterday , now I can receive mail but cannot send .An error mentioning "port 25" appears . Does this mean I must change to a Smart address ? Any input welcome.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You need to change your outgoing mailserver to smtp.mysmart.ie

You can do this in Outlook Express by going to Tools->Accounts->Mail(tab)-> Select your mail account and click properties -> go the the Server tab and change "Outgoing Mailserver" to smtp.mysmart.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

This is because IOL only permits mail transmissions from devices on its own network. As you're now on a different network you're not permitted to send mail via IOL's mail servers.

Regards,

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Glenquin

Thanks CuLT,
    I sent a test message after following your instructions and it went through immediately .

Glenquin.

Advertisement