Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many hours?

• 14-04-2006 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of an odd request here but does anyone here know if there's a website out there that can tell me (for any given show) HOW MANY HOURS of the show in total have actually been produced?

eg for "Star Trek the Next Generation" 178 episodes x 44mins = 131hours
    or "Lost" 43(?) episodes x 44(?)mins = 31hours
    or "Batman The Animated Series" 85 episodes x 22mins = 31hours etc etc

Ideally something that was just a single page A to Z list of the show title and beside it Total Hours would be what I'm looking for.

BTW doesn't have to have currently running shows either. I'm mainly interested in shows that have been cancelled and their totals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I doubt there will be a website with them all listed like that.

IMDB gives the number of episodes on the details page of most shows

http:www.epguides.com also has the total number of episodes.

You could roughly work out how many hours in total from that. US Network shows are about 40-42mns long now. They are getting shorter though, 10 years ago 42-45mns would have been the norm.

Also bear in mind that they are about 1m30sec shorter here than in the US due to the standards conversion.

any particular reason you're looking for that info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

John R wrote:
    Also bear in mind that they are about 1m30sec shorter here than in the US due to the standards conversion.
    I don't understand what you mean by this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

He's talking about frame rates I reckon?

In America they use only 24frames per second (whereas we use 25 frames per second) so when we watch tv or a movie from there it actually sped up and takes ((25/24 * 100) - 100) = 4% less time for us to get thru it. Interesting this also increases the pitch of the voices of the actors too :)

(^^ don't quote me on that btw. It's all from very sketchy memory)

JohnR. No real reason for wanting to get these figures. Just compiling a list of old shows I used to watch and was looking for hour-totals.
    Thanks for www.epguides.com btw. Not exactly what I wanted but certainly not as unwieldly as tv.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

wow, never knew that. Interesting. Guess it's true, American's don't think as fast as we do! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

...... America uses 29.97 Drop Frame for TV, We use 25 frame for TV, and we both use 24 frames for Film....

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement