Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Boosting signal?

• 14-04-2006 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a Meteor simcard, and there's a slight problem.
    Outside my house, and everywhere else, the reception's perfect.
    But inside the house, it's terrible. Only on high window ledges, or some completely awkward places can I get reception.

Anyone know of anything that I can do to increase the signal strength at my end? Some sort of makeshift antenna or something?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

You can get those little flashing stickers can't ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Eh?

liek these B1950-20051010155417.jpg

I actually have no idea what you're on about. Wtf is it? And any links or places they can be bought?

Mind you..flashing stickers. Seriously like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they're for decoration. they light up when you get a call from the radiation. they don't boost the signal

• Advertisement

Ah i see thought they did lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

You could get a signal booster like this http://boatantenna.com/cellular/cellphone_signal_boosters.htm they are a bit pricey and you have to make sur eyou get one that does the right frequency but it should solve your problem!

J

:(

I take it I can't just roll up some tinfoil and stick it int he charger port then no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Spike wrote:

I take it I can't just roll up some tinfoil and stick it int he charger port then no?
    sorry but if there was an easy way the phone companies would most likely already be doing it! ;)

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Spike wrote:

Think your better off going with the sticker idea ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement