Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Dundalk Down for 7 Hours

• 14-04-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice this, got some gob****e who told me there engineers dont work at the weekend and the exchange problem would not be sorted until tuesday, When I gave the gombeen sh1t the service was back online in ten mins.

I personally think 7 hours is unacceptable for such an outage for a town this size...... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

It wasn't just eircom - but the resellers too

I'm on digiweb dsl and had the same problem. Got nothin done today at all cause of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Bugger lost 7 hours of online work roll on the jolt cola tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

/me hugs Metro

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh it did it again *(^)*&)*&^&%^^&%^&$^&%%£%^£(&* bollix

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Welcome to the world of not having a Service Level Agreement. Enjoy your flight in economy class.

• Advertisement

Right Maybe Dodgyweb is not so bad

Any SLA would be useless as its engineer hours, which are 8 - 4 during workdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

woody wrote:
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh it did it again *(^)*&)*&^&%^^&%^&$^&%%£%^£(&* bollix

I'm having similar feelings at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm still having problems too :mad: , so will it be like this till Tuesday then ?

Considering the size of the problem, I'd imagine it will be sorted out soon

• Advertisement

Next door has kindly let me share their IBB connection, fact is this could be down until tuesday as I rang them again and that is the word..

Metro here I come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Heh...and here was me about to start kicking my router around the room.
    I didn't start dropping out till about 10 last night and it was intermittently up and down up till 1am when it seemingly died.

Wouldn't be fixed till tuesday? :rolleyes: Sure who cares about Dundalk? Anyone that matters ie. business users are off for the w/e and if they're of any size are probably on the fibre optic anyways. As CulT says, if you're on the lowly copper then sit down and shut up...oh and don't forget to pay your bill.

TBH I'm vastly un-impressed with the DSL service in Dundalk since the "upgrade".
    See here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054909648

[edit] WTF? n.i.m.p is blcoked by the word filter? That's why un-impressed is hyphenated...new kiddie swear word I'm not familiar with? Always thought it was seplt nymph myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wertz wrote:
    TBH I'm vastly un-impressed with the DSL service in Dundalk since the "upgrade".

It's not great now, maybe I'll give Dermot a buzz :rolleyes: . well things seem to be back up and running, for now anyway. how knows maybe it wasn't a fault and instead they have been trying to fix the problem many people have been experiencing in the town since the upgrade but more than likely not.

Advertisement