Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When its time to stop

Options
  • 14-04-2006 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Was out giving a friend/farmer a bit of help today and saw a couple of rabbits luckily i had the rifle with me and went back later on and shot 13 rabbits. Theres a few smallish ones there anyway my question is is it ok to shoot these and how many rabbits would you consider to be to much to shoot i know they're vermin so my thought would be that shoot them all out of the place because they breed so fast they'll be back in no time but i would like to have a regularish place to shoot where i could take 3 or 4 every now and again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

It seems you've upset some people.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054917761

[size=-2]send sparks to the pr rescue? :rolleyes: [/size]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

We get these posts every six months or so, nice to know we have a wide audience.

The views of some "pro-shooting people" as posted there are interesting to see though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I bet they're great ones for pro democracy and enforcing peoples rights - except when it comes to something they dont agree with then the half pint dictators come out. I won't even go near the lack of civil or even reasonable conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

They are interesting Civdef but look at some of the comments they're mixed in with, and they reckon we're the unreasonable ones. Pointing fingers and the whole 4 fingers pointing back at one comes to mind. If patience is golden what is tolerance.

I'll stop grumbling about it now, honest lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

'Hunting in my opinion unless it is because of livestock depletion or health reasons ie.. rats etc, should be banned
    Most people aswell in this country are ill trained idiots that shoot everything...'

When Woody gets back over here he's getting an ass kickin':mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Solidarity in action....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Shoot as many as you can use or eat.They are edible,and their skin is useable as well.That is the ethical way of hunting.
    As for the after hours thread.Sameo sameo,veggies getting upset by somthing they dont understand.Who cares.YAWN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

macnas wrote:
    'Hunting in my opinion unless it is because of livestock depletion or health reasons ie.. rats etc, should be banned
    Most people aswell in this country are ill trained idiots that shoot everything...'

the majority of voters in this country don't share your opinion so ram it where the sun don't shine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

cranoo wrote:
    the majority of voters in this country don't share your opinion so ram it where the sun don't shine. :D
    Erm... perhaps you might read the other thread and change the quote attribution on your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

do ye think stooting for sport is ok?

not talking about ligitimate reasons now,vermin control food etc, but just kill for the sake of it

would you eat 13 rabbits i find 2 is plenty,

or what do ye think,after reading the other thread they are talkin about sport rather than other reasons and their crit on that is fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

maybe the thread should be split

maybe 13 was a few to many but there place was over run with them i dont entend on going out every week and shooting that many at all anyone have any answers for my other above questions

What do you want to do extermination or eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

maglite wrote:
    do ye think stooting for sport is ok?
    Define Sport.I define sport shooting as punching holes in paper,or busting clays. I think do you mean hunting or vermin control.Hunting ,no problem with it,so long as it is done ethically,humanely,and that you use the shot game for your own table so to speak.Vermin shooting,again no problem as it can be the more cost effective way of disposing of disease carrying animals.
    not talking about ligitimate reasons now,vermin control food etc, but just kill for the sake of it
    As such the "kill" is not a major part in a hunt of anyone who is a genuine hunter.It is the actual stalk,the whole wildlife ,outdoors and hunting thing.It is somthing that is impossible to explain to somone who has never hunted.I know one guy who hunts rabbits with an air rifle,he stalks them to within 15/20 meters before he shoots.For him it is the stalking not the shooting.He averages appx five rabbits a season.If you are just out to kill I would suggest an Xbox for more fun and less hassle.
    would you eat 13 rabbits i find 2 is plenty,
    Certainly,I do have a freezer,and you dont know if your next hunt will be as sucessful.
    or what do ye think,after reading the other thread they are talkin about sport rather than other reasons and their crit on that is fair

TBH ,it seems to be a lot of people putting their oar in in a thread about a subject that they dont seem to have a huge understanding of.It varies from vegan to meat eater,hunter,anti hunter,etc.Personally I think these kind of folks are just ignorant of another lifestyle,and are naive to think that they are totally right on theirs.[Usually a affliction up to your mid twenties.] I dont care what they think, and are entitled to their opinions.Just dont try to change me.Otherwise you will have a big problem on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

I'm already banned from that particular forum so I can't join in the fun...
    ;)

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

well this is more vermin control because the corn is just coming up and while theres only sprouts they rabbits can do a good bit of damage

theres 2 of em hangin downstairs for dinner tomorrow (anyone got any sujestions on how to cook em) and the other 17 are dog food

in this instance i am calling sport the going out to kill and leave in the ditch.

the main purpose i have is the final result ,dinner

i am in a different position, i shoot when and how ever many i want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

TBH ,it seems to be a lot of people putting their oar in in a thread about a subject that they dont seem to have a huge understanding of.It varies from vegan to meat eater,hunter,anti hunter,etc.Personally I think these kind of folks are just ignorant of another lifestyle,and are naive to think that they are totally right on theirs.[Usually a affliction up to your mid twenties.] I dont care what they think, and are entitled to their opinions.Just dont try to change me.Otherwise you will have a big problem on your hands.

for some clare gunner bashing view thread in after hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement