Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pale fake tan

• 14-04-2006 11:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a very pale fake tan? Something that would take my legs from milk bottle white to the undercooked toast colour of my arms

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hey Tree, Johnson's Holiday Skin for Light Skin seems to work for people with fair skin. Way to light for me as I'm quite sallow, but have a friend who is very pale and it seems to work for her. I think the secret is to apply it gradually over a number of days until you find yourself with a colour that suits you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Definitely try the Johnson's Holiday stuff, I'm bottle white and am usually anti-tan but felt I needed to look a lil sun-kissed since I never tan anyway. It's really good and looks natural plus it's not OTT. My arms and hands look really cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Milkbottle legs = Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

Can i ask ya.. Is the Johnsons Holiday skin a cream or mousse etc?

Also, has anyone heard of the *new* Tinted moisturiser from dove? Its ment to be Fab as it starts of with a subtle kinda glow that gradually builds its way to a healthy looking tan..

If anyone has used either of these products would ya please let us know what ya though of em?
    *Lolly*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

*Lolly* wrote:
    Can i ask ya.. Is the Johnsons Holiday skin a cream or mousse etc?

Also, has anyone heard of the *new* Tinted moisturiser from dove? Its ment to be Fab as it starts of with a subtle kinda glow that gradually builds its way to a healthy looking tan..

If anyone has used either of these products would ya please let us know what ya though of em?
    *Lolly*

Used the garnier one.....its great,lovely smell and just gives you a bit of a tan v.slowly...great for us very pale girls. Id never use dove.My sister is a dermatologist and its the one product that consistently causes a lot of problems...dont go near the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I like Boots Soltan mousse in Light if I'm looking for a light colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

When you're putting on the Johnsons holiday skin moisturiser, treat it as if you're putting on proper fake tan and put a little bit of vaseline in places where it's likely to 'cling' and leave brown smudges! Knees, toes, elbows and most importantly between your fingers if you're not wearing gloves! It's great stuff, but the first time I used it I slapped it on like it was moisturiser and had lovely umpa lumpa hands the following morning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emszie

I'm really pale and i used the johnsons fake tan for fair skin and tbh it turned out disasterously!! Against my pale skin lets just say it didnt turn out as well as expected.I've only braved it twice and am now resigned to being pale. If your going to use it just be very careful because i found it streaked quite easily.Maybe give yourself a practice go before you depend on it for a night out! Good Luck!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:

Ditto!Its the best tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

I actually managed to get off my bum and go and buy some JHSkin and TBH im not too sure what i think..
    Its brought the colour out lovely on my behind chest and midriff, but it has a wild tendancy to streak like bacon around my calves/knees/ankles..
    and yes... I learned to wash my hands when finished using it after i went to work with white fingers and brown knuckles!!
    i also used one of thoose little 99c wipes u get from the chemist cant remeber the brand but it was in a brown sachet and it was fab on my stomach... No steaks or marks! the only telltale sign was the fact my legs were a different colour to my top half as i only sampled one wipe! Can anyone reccomed any other type of wipes/methods of tanning easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I used the Johnson's Holiday Skin before and for some reason it doesn't work well on legs, it went on streaky no matter how carefully I applied it.Lancaster tan is really good if you have pale skin. I haven't used false tan in over a year.
    Go me! Pale skin FTW!! (or whatever it is they say..:) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

try Johnsons Holiday skin/Nivea skin/dove skin.
    but remember the rules of fake tan or else you will get orange peel:

1. exfoliate
    2. shave the night or day before
    3. moisturise the day before to sooth and calm the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I find Johnsons Holiday Tan works best if I slap it heavy on like a moisture and once you use it every day it gives a great natural looking colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Does is smell as bad as Johnsons?, I cant stand that smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i use johnsons and never get a smell from it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Johnsons smells fine in comparison with other fake tans.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I use Johnsons and I find it very good, except I always get white patches around the crook of my elbow. I don't get a smell from it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

Pythia wrote:

I agree with Pythia - I've been using this stuff for the past 3 or 4 years and have never had any problems with it - if you make sure you keep rubbing it in until its all been absorbed you won't have any problem with streaking - and its nice and pale - you don't look like you've been tangoed!

Only problem is the the Light one seems to get sold out first - I frequently can't get it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Enii wrote:
    Johnsons smells fine in comparison with other fake tans.

it stinks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement