Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Removal

Options
  • 14-04-2006 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

I have a tree that is about 4m tall and 1.5m wide. I want to get rid of it (bought a house that's a bit of a jungle).

Can anybody recommend a "tree person" who can cut it down and take it all way?

Thanks,

ck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

what type of tree is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've no idea but it's the one on the extreme right of the attached picture - its right against the house. The picture isn't great - it's from the myhome.ie site.

ck

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

I need To get Rid of a tree also, Well From What Im told its a shrub , but its hugh,, Everygreen and in spring tiny blue "flowers" appear on it and its turns the tree a blue/green Colour , however it is taking over nearly half my garden In Width as its not a tall tree/shrub

Whats the Story on getting this taken away,? Council law And such?

Im not sure what to Do with it soif anyone has a name And number of someone good let me know,,, As I Want to get Rid of it asap,

:o)

cheers all

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

crosstownk, not being smart here but I had a look at the pic you posted and I wouldnt really call that a tree, just an overgrown bush. Get yourself a saw and take it down yourself.

Dont forget to dig out the roots when finished.

If you have an open fire or a range you can easily cut it up and burn it. Alternatively the local council may be able to help.

muffler wrote:
    crosstownk, not being smart here but I had a look at the pic you posted and I wouldnt really call that a tree, just an overgrown bush. Get yourself a saw and take it down yourself.

Dont forget to dig out the roots when finished.

If you have an open fire or a range you can easily cut it up and burn it. Alternatively the local council may be able to help.
    Your quite right - it is really an overgrown bush! I'll take it down myself if I have to but tbh I'm so busy with other things that I don't really have the time at the moment. If it's gonna be expensive then I'll have to get out the saw.

This thing is blocking loads of light into my front room and I want to get the house painted and this overgrown shrub thing is kind of in the way. Anyway, Mrs. Crosstownk hates it so it really doesn't matter what I say:rolleyes:

I like your idea of burning it in the fire - free fuel - nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You will be amazed at the increase in light you will have when you get rid of it. I had a small but fast growing tree in the front garden which I trimmed every year. I allowed it to grow to a height of about 2.5 metres and kept it trimmed at that height.

I finally had enough so I cut it down last year. The day i did this my daughter came into the sitting room a bit later on and kept looking round the room trying to figure out what was different about it. She even asked if we had redecorated. Just down to the extra light.

If you are going to burn it make sure you keep it in a dry place for a couple of months. Dries quicker and avoids sparking. if all else fails keep it till halloween and throw it on the bonfire;)

Good luck with it

Thanks muffler. I usually keep any wood intended for the fire for at least one full summer so as it dries out.

I had a quick look at the shrub/tree thing and there is little or no growth behind the dense perimeter of leaves so maybe I'll get rid of it myself. It'll cost me a bit extra in bin tags but I reckon it'll be the cheapest option.

Advertisement