Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Munster Rugby Song 'Leinster, who the fc*k are Leinster?'

Options
  • 14-04-2006 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey, just been listening to the new Munster Rugby song... I love these songs but i gotta say Limericks Live 95fm's newest Munster song is not as good as last years, its really really cheesy!

Last years one (to the tune of 'Is this the way to Amarilo') was so great, i even preffered it to Peter Kays version, but this years one (to the tune of 'Alice, who the fcuk is Alice') is really good, but that Mark guy from the morning show ruins it for me, still class though!

I love the way this city completly changes for Munster, the flags are hanging over O Connell St again (about 200 of them) plus the window front competition should really make things look class (as well as 4 story jerseys hanging from buildings around the city)

Leinster? Who the fcuk are Leinster?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh, um the song sounds ****e, but yer gonna be beatin anyway :D

leinster dont need songs, they score tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Ooooh Heggie, you're on very thin ice there....
    My brother got a ticket for the match and he has no small children who I can use for ransom :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,378 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

"Theres only one Brian o Driscoll, Theres only one Brian o Driscoll, walking along, singin a song, walkin in O Driscoll wonderland" My god, there are so many more from toulouse that i actually cant remember them all. I was singin those songs in Limerick last Wednesday to my my friends(all Munster people), the looks from other people i got. I quickly stopped. It better be a good match. At least i can support both cos my Dad bein a Tipp man kinda helps. But for now, its all Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

its a pity we are guna get beat! if we had a full strength team we could beat leinster but cant see it happening :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Was down home at the weekend and heard it-is class song!Went on to the live 95fm in the naieve hope that they might have podcasts so I could download it.I really wanna download it!Does anyone know where I might be able to get it from??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Living next door to Affluence...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

That a Great attitude...If anyone can pull off something Munster can we showed that against Sale.

its a pity we are guna get beat! if we had a full strength team we could beat leinster but cant see it happening :-(

RuggieBear wrote:
    Living next door to Affluence...;)

You've obviously not heared of Jp mc manus,the cranberriesthe hundred of millionaries living in west cork...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Panda, I thinks there's a link on munsterfans.com, called the Munster roar or somesuch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

panda100 wrote:
    Was down home at the weekend and heard it-is class song!Went on to the live 95fm in the naieve hope that they might have podcasts so I could download it.I really wanna download it!Does anyone know where I might be able to get it from??

I can email it you if you want..........but for me its LEINSTER all the way!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

its on www.live95fm.ie homepage, on the right hand side of the page
    oh ok... it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Yes, that embarrasment of a radio station have been told in no uncertain terms NOT to play that embarrasment of a song anymore by the rugby authorities, according to todays Limerick Leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

OMG, has anyone the artcile they could scan or something for me??!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

OMG, has anyone the artcile they could scan or something for me??!

I have the article I will scan it in a while as i have a large to do list at the minute.

Limerick Man. stick around I am about to send you a PM on an unrelated matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

From the Examiner:

Satirical rugby song lands radio station in the sin bin
    By Jimmy Woulfe, Mid-West Correspondent
    MUNSTER rugby players crash-tackled a Limerick radio station over a song poking fun at their Heineken Cup opponents, Leinster.

A bruised Limerick Live 95FM yesterday pulled the plug on an in-house recording, The Munster Roar, and placed it in their sin bin after a verbal mauling from the Munster camp.

To the music of the Smokey hit, Alice, the lyrics slag off some Leinster players and the Dublin 4 rugby set.

Munster team spokesman Pat Geraghty contacted the head of the station, David Tighe, expressing concern about the song.

Mr Geraghty said: "Members of the squad, particularly Limerick players along with management, felt it was extremely disrespectful to our opponents next Sunday disrespectful to a very good side.

"This has never been the Munster way and we conveyed this message to the radio station."

He said Munster players and supporters have always represented what was best in sport.

"We did not want to be associated in any way with this.

"If somebody in Dublin did something like this about us, we would be extremely cross," Mr Geraghty said.

Mr Tighe said yesterday they decided to take the offending song off the air.

"We have very good relations with Munster rugby and in the spirit of that, we have decided to drop the song," he said.

A member of the production unit at the station, Eric Murphy, penned the contentious lyrics and it was sung by radio staff, calling themselves the Packet and Tripe Singers.

It drew a huge response from listeners and the station was inundated with requests to have it played.

But lines such as "Who the f.... are Leinster?" and "We're going to kick their f....ing ass" with the expletives bleeped out proved too much for Munster players and officials.

It is believed that the request to drop the song came from a number of players who were concerned

actually more detailed than the Chronicle article yesterday

Are sure it was only a bit off fun-I downloaded it last night and cos I live across from the leinster grounds am gonna blare that and Sean South out of my window all weekend.......neighbours you have been warned!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

woah thats song is so cheesy its unbelivable!
    if it was good then it would be cool but the fact that its so gay its just....gay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Eat dirt all you doubters. We always knew we were the best in Ireland and now it's proven.

WE WON!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

brian o driscoll the best me arse!!!!! he was pathetic today :D:D:D
    as always the boys in red show what there made!!!

munster true pro's who'll undoubtably win the final.

ha ha

up munster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

Whoo Hoo,, Whoo Hoo,, Whoo hoo!!!!!!

Cardiff here we come! :)

Advertisement