Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a Rickshaw

Options
  • 15-04-2006 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Hi guy I am looking for a commerical rickshaw for my dads business for advertising purposes.i would like to find out where can i get one in ireland or where can i get one to import. but it HAS to be road legal and insurable.

I have seen 1-2 around for adverting for companies,i seena company in dublin that sells them but cannot find the name or contact details.

but the question is would anyone know where i can get one.how much are they and who would insure them. i am looking for something like this one with a cabin on the back.

Bajaj Delivery Van »
    This two stroke delivery van has mechanical brakes, and lockable luggage space, besides other features.
    bajaj-delivery-van.jpg
    SpecificationsTypeTwo stroke, single cylinder, forced air-cooled, 145.45 cc engine Max. Power 6.29 hp @ 5200 rmp Fuel Efficiency (On. I.D.C.) 27 kmpl Max. Speed 50 kmph Transmission 4 forward and one reverse gears Chassis FramePressed steel sheets welded together Kerb Weight298 kgs. Max. Payload 472 kgs.Front BrakesMechanical expanding shoe type, 140 mm diaRear BrakesHydraulic expanding shoe type, 170 mm diaParking BrakesMechanical brake, operated by hand lever TyresFront and rear 4.00 x 8, 4 ply rating Front SuspensionConstant rate coil spring and double-acting shock absorber Rear SuspensionIndependently sprung by triangles and torsion bars with friction type shock absorbers Fuel Tank Capacity9.0 liters including reserve capacity of 1.0 literLoading Area (l x w x h) (in meters)1.26 x 1.11 x 1.11 Overall Length (in meters)2.655 Overall Width (in meters)1.2 Turning Circle Dia (min) (in meters)4.68 Wheelbase (in meters)1.65 Ground Clearance (in meters)0.2 Electricals 12 Volts AC/DC with 35 W head lamp tail lamp, stop lamp, reversing lamp, side lamps, side indicators, wiper motor and battery are standard fitmentsSecurity Ignition switch, steering lock and tool box lock. Delivery van having lockable luggage space

ANY RELEVANT DETAILS ARE WELCOME BUT PLEASE DONOT WRECK THE THREAD.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Only place I have seen those is in India and Thailand, called Tuk-Tuk's.

You can get some Japanese motorized wheelbarrows that are 4x4 and probably cost as much and probably cheaper to insure.
    Any other forms of motorized transport of interest, or does it HAVE to be one of these. That are many gizmos out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I know this isint exactly what your looking for but try

http://www.tuk-tuk.co.uk/

They retail at 8000 uk pounds but the are road legal and built in england so parts can be easily gotten And the can customised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

AMurphy wrote:
    Only place I have seen those is in India and Thailand, called Tuk-Tuk's.

You can get some Japanese motorized wheelbarrows that are 4x4 and probably cost as much and probably cheaper to insure.
    Any other forms of motorized transport of interest, or does it HAVE to be one of these. That are many gizmos out there.

it has to be this as we are looking for it to get insured and also we wish to use it on the road as a commerical vechile.

I know this isint exactly what your looking for but try

http://www.tuk-tuk.co.uk/

They retail at 8000 uk pounds but the are road legal and built in england so parts can be easily gotten And the can customised

yes thats the type of info i need.that website looks good.i will make an enquiry this week.we should hopefully be buying one in the summer and see how it goes.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Or, you could keep an eye out for an "APE", you occasionally see a few of them about

Img_0097.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Italy is full of those! A good place to look.

mmenarry wrote:
    Or, you could keep an eye out for an "APE", you occasionally see a few of them about

Img_0097.jpg

thats another option as my dad wants one with a door.but who imports them or where can i buy them.thats the main problem.i have seent hem around and theres a food holder in the back so they sell hot or cold food from the back compartment.

there was a company in dublin that imprts these but i cannot find out, who.

like this one,
    http://www.3wheelers.com/piaggio.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is this something like what you are looking for?

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=160543

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That's serious money for a 96 in fairness. Wonder what the top speed is?

Edit: here are the full specs, http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z5897/Daihatsu_Midget%20II%20D-type/default.aspx

Top Speed 65 mph | 104.6 km/h holy sh*t you would not want to be in it at that speed! :eek:

Bond-007 wrote:
    Italy is full of those! A good place to look.

yes i was told italy.but its hard to find a reputable supplier and i want road legal for irish spec.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    That's serious money for a 96 in fairness. Wonder what the top speed is?

Edit: here are the full specs, http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z5897/Daihatsu_Midget%20II%20D-type/default.aspx

Top Speed 65 mph | 104.6 km/h holy sh*t you would not want to be in it at that speed! :eek:

that is kind of what i need but with a cabin on the back.also this looks safer than a normal rickshaw.so thats good.
    do you know how much a brand new oone would be in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As far as I know, Reliant were given the distribution for the Piaggio Ape for the UK. and if I'm not mistaken, a few years ago there was going to be an Irish distributor too. That said, I've only ever seen one over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Bike world on the long mile road have the distribution rights for piaggio they might be able to get you one.

You should be able to get a cabin made by any coachworks.

probably end up costing as much as a Berlingo!

Bike world on the long mile road have the distribution rights for piaggio they might be able to get you one.

You should be able to get a cabin made by any coachworks.

alright thanks.im doing exams soon but am free at end of may.i will then go to long mile rd and check out other bike shops.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

drdre wrote:
    alright thanks.im doing exams soon but am free at end of may.i will then go to long mile rd and check out other bike shops.

thanks
    saw one of these in limerick at a dealer place,think the places name is interprise motors,will pass by tomorrow and let you know

saw one of these in limerick at a dealer place,think the places name is interprise motors,will pass by tomorrow and let you know

thanks and if you can a pic it would be great.

drdre wrote:
    no prob,will give you number also,might be passing today if l get a chance

no prob,will give you number also,might be passing today if l get a chance

no problem take your time as im in no hurry.thanks

Enterprise Cars is a jap import place, and will probably be selling Daihatsu Midgets, they are seriously overpriced!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    Enterprise Cars is a jap import place, and will probably be selling Daihatsu Midgets, they are seriously overpriced!
    thats the place

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

drdre wrote:

Have a look at my earlier post. I put the link from carzone to the 1996 one in Limerick on it. He might be a bit flexible on the price as he has been advertising it for a long time. These vehicles usually only have a limited market, usually bought as a novalty or for advertising.

bazz26 wrote:
    Have a look at my earlier post. I put the link from carzone to the 1996 one in Limerick on it. He might be a bit flexible on the price as he has been advertising it for a long time. These vehicles usually only have a limited market, usually bought as a novalty or for advertising.

i checked it out but thats not really catchy.i would be more interested in a real rickshaw.the daihatsu is like a lttle car where as the rickshaw is a bike and looks way better and attractive.but i will call this guy and see what he says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement