Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird happening in FM2006

Options
  • 15-04-2006 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently playing as Aston Villa, i was playing Norwich in the League Cup 3rd Round and the game finished 1-1 and went to extra time then penalties. Sorensen my goalkeeper saved 4 of Norwich's penalties and i won the shootout. Then when i got back to the news screen there was a headline that read "Whittingham stars in Villa shoot out defeat to Norwich" and i'm like.......wait a minute i won the shootout, but the game just went on as if i had lost it, even the report of the game says that i won but Norwich went into the next round of the cup.

Anything like this happen to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I had a rival team score on me, but then after the replay of the goal, the goal didn't count and it was a legit goal, there's some weird bugs in this game alright.

But no nothing like what happened to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Nothing like that has happened in my game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Corholio wrote:
    I'm currently playing as Aston Villa, i was playing Norwich in the League Cup 3rd Round and the game finished 1-1 and went to extra time then penalties. Sorensen my goalkeeper saved 4 of Norwich's penalties and i won the shootout. Then when i got back to the news screen there was a headline that read "Whittingham stars in Villa shoot out defeat to Norwich" and i'm like.......wait a minute i won the shootout, but the game just went on as if i had lost it, even the report of the game says that i won but Norwich went into the next round of the cup.

I heard of it, are you using the latest patch? v6.0.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Lucky it wasn't a World Cup or Champion's League Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Had something like that happen to me on an unpatched game, but it went in my favour! ;)

• Advertisement

lol this is something weird that happened, I got Hata ben Arfa on a free and he's played 2 matches out of 12 so far, but that's because he's been injured for the other 10, so when he comes back from injury I put him back on the first team straight away and after a match he says to the newspaper that he wants to be in the first team... that's strange because the only reason he didn't play was because he was injured! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've heard of the OP's problem happening a few times (mostly in the original version of FM06). Think there may even have been a post or two on it...

Only solution is to patch up I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Demeant0r wrote:
    lol this is something weird that happened, I got Hata ben Arfa on a free and he's played 2 matches out of 12 so far, but that's because he's been injured for the other 10, so when he comes back from injury I put him back on the first team straight away and after a match he says to the newspaper that he wants to be in the first team... that's strange because the only reason he didn't play was because he was injured! :rolleyes:

Thats quite common in pre 6.0.3 versions. Gudjohnson who was injured for a month, hence can't play him, demanded more first team action!!! He played for 4 months solid every game and apparently was unhappy and felt he should be a first team regular!

hmmm yeah I have 6.0.2, should I upgrade to 6.0.3? Will I have to start another game for the upgrade to work or?

You could play on but probably any changes in data wont be noticed until a new game is started

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

There are two versions that get released with a patch. The update data one and the vanilla patch. the update data updates everything, current transfers etc... this will pretty much render any purchases you have made useless as they will be returned to their proper clubs. This is really only good to use if your starting a fresh.
    The vanilla patch is basically just the software update. Any saved game data remains. So it will give you 6.0.3 but will all your progress thus far saved.

ah ok, thanks for that, I'll take a look at the vanilla patch...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The data update does NOT return players to clubs, it only comes into effect when you start a new game.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The data update does NOT return players to clubs, it only comes into effect when you start a new game.

Yea, Senritsu get the patch with the data

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Corholio wrote:

Yup happened to me in the Charity Shield in season 3. I lost the shootout, but the news stories said that I won! ah well...it evens itself out over a season!

I have the patches but cos my team is invincible I don't really wanna start a new game!

Advertisement