Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat bb sponges

• 15-04-2006 3:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Guess they will never send out the money they owe me..from credit to mental abuse. And hours in the ,on hold.
    Thanks esat bt ,was with u for 2 years.pity u dont remember.

bye..wait i left u last november 05

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I feel your esat bb pain. Shower of thieving bastards. Organised crime at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Tbh this is a useless thread that doesnt belong in "Broadband".
    Perhaps a mod could move it to "Bitching" or "sigh"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Any "i hate BT" thread is welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

im just after ordering broadband from eircom (who as well all know have a great rep :p) but was considering BT ...i guess they are hated just as much! and ive heard lovely storys from irish broadband.
    so who is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

cuppa, don't give up, that way esatBT win. Have you emailed complaints@btireland.com and told them about your billing problem? If you have, and have a BT complaint ref number then visit comreg.ie. Email comreg with your BT reference number and details of the issue. They will contact BT on your behalf and at least you will get some sort of response from BT. It's ridiculous having to go through a statutory body to get a response from them, but in some cases it's the only way you can.

If all else fails contact their CEO Bill Murphy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

Diabolus wrote:
    Tbh this is a useless thread that doesnt belong in "Broadband".
    Perhaps a mod could move it to "Bitching" or "sigh"?

Obviously not a member of the BT billing family.....

NH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Despite what I have read on threads re BT, Theivin Bastards, IBB no signal, no C Support, Etc. I am on Eircom 2 mb service, Never broken down,No Direct Debit ****e, just 33 euro per month on my phone bill. They own the bloody thing so every other dsl providor must bow to them. Monopoly I agree, But I have no problems with them since 2004. Trying to save a few euro per year costs 00,s per year by being put on hold,Incorrect billing,Taking time off work to go to the bank to stop DD,s etc. I dont really admire Eircom, cos they block, or, make it difficult for other providors to enable their own equipment in Eircom Exchanges.Once the other operators finally gain access... THEY MAKE A BOLLIX OF IT !! I rest my case...sigh..M:mad:

Ps ..On speed tests on 2mb service, I am always rock solid on 1.65/1.67 download..never varies and 212 upload.. Not really a techie, are these speeds the norm ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

How many "I hate BT" threads are required on this forum??

Personially Ive never had a problem with their service/billing but I dont make a massive point of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wait until you get stung Zuma.

zuma wrote:
    .....Personially Ive never had a problem with their service/billing......

Oh to be you...... sigh

NH

• Advertisement

Before I had my billing problems with esatBT I never had a serious problem with a company; nothing that couldn’t be sorted out with a simple phone call or two. I never really took much notice of posts detailing problems with companies. But that's all changed. I would have never fully realised the frustration unless I had to go through it myself -- thank you BT for making me more aware now (bit sarcastic here). I am also aware there are BT customers who don't have billing problems, a recent poll by Edanto showed this. But this poll also showed a large percentage giving BT the worst score. This is what causes so many people to speak out against them on these boards ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Wait until you get stung Zuma.

Ive had their plus BB(512k/2m/3m) for over a year now and had mabye 1 hours downtime in all that time...!

Bar the fact it took 2 months to get the line activated for BB (eircom needed a cancellation number for its trial) its been 13.5 months of fully working DSL.

Im not the only one who's had a fine service but as always its the ones who get cheated/screwed who make massive noise about it...which is why there are currently LOADS of BT threads in this forum!

zuma wrote:
    Im not the only one who's had a fine service but as always its the ones who get cheated/screwed who make massive noise about it...which is why there are currently LOADS of BT threads in this forum!

I've never had 1 second of downtime since I joined BT, not 1 second. Great service...

What I have had however is 6, 2 hour phone calls every billing period....

Nh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

What I have had however is 6, 2 hour phone calls every billing period....

Nh
    Exactly my point,No point in saving 5/10 euro per month on service and then spending 20/30 per month on phone calls to customer service about your bill...M :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

MarinoMark wrote:
    Exactly my point,No point in saving 5/10 euro per month on service and then spending 20/30 per month on phone calls to customer service about your bill...M :confused:

its a freefone number ....
    How do you get charged for that?

Diabolus wrote:
    its a freefone number ....
    How do you get charged for that?

Lol, true...

But more importantly is the waste of time, anyone else who takes 2 hours out of my day gets a hefty bill at the end of it...!

Mobile companies have to provide cust service because we can change providers in 30 mins without hassle...

As we know it takes weeks to change BB providers, if your lucky...

Surely this has a bearing on BT's piss poor cust service?

Nh

I think many people just set up a DD and more or less forget about it, so long as around about the right amount of cash is being taken each time. It's my opinion that if more people actually sat down and really looked over their payments to BT we would have even more agitated people. An example is the charge BT have for a paper bill, I didn’t realise what it was until I investigated it. I had been paying it but never once got a paper bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I am getting billed for services I cancelled in 2004. They owe me nearly 200 euro that they promised to mail to me in form of a cheque for taking direct debits out after service was cancelled.

Shower of incompetant fcuks.

I am considering court action, anyone reccomend a good lawyer to take my case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just use the Small Claims Court, no need for a solicitor and the fee is only small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement