Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying gold

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

I had a fun afternoon yesterday following the quest chain to get my Demonsblood trinket and in the process made about 80 gold in quest rewards :D To be fair though, that was 80 gold over 4 hours with travelling between BL-->Azshara-->STV-->BL. (It's the reward from the final part of this quest chain btw: The Disgraced One).

Full rewards are the Demon Hide Sack, Demon's Blood trinket and the Necklace of Sanctuary

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Come to think of it, a friend of mine who used to work in a net café and subsequently gets to use it at discount to play WoW all the time, befriended someone else who spent their time there too. This new guy was an actual gold farmer. He had a priest who ran BWL regularly and also levelled up characters for money.

Since my friend helped him out to level up the characters he frequently got gifts of gold and lets just say that right now, he has every BOE epic (which various enchants) item available to a warrior from lvl39 upwards, saved in his bank, which also has 5 extra bag slots, and could well afford an epic mount as soon as he turned 60. Said gold farmer recently retired from, uh, gold farming, and sent my friend on 1500g, along with 40 blue and epic items and shards.

I really feel that that would ruin a game for me. To me, its like playing FEAR or FarCry in godlike mode - you get to see the game, but not experience it. But i also sorta feel jealous for the bastard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nordrassil

I disagree...BOE Epics are generally sh!te in comparison to those that you get from raiding.

Most BOE Epics have a lvl of 57. BOP Epics from ZG, MC etc have a lvl of up to 75.

EG as a Mage

- Eye of Flame (Head) is a lvl 50 Epic.
    - Magisters Crown is a lvl 65 rated Rare, and it is twice as good.

- Robes of Insight - lvl 54 Epic
    - Magisters Chest - lvl 60 Rare - twice as good.

You can buy your way to lvl 60, but once you reach the stage where you are aquiring Tier 0 gear, you are getting stuff that is better than any BOE Epic.

Few exceptions tho....like Glowing Brightwood Staff is pretty nifty...etc etc

Just my tuppence worth!

Ivan wrote:
    Well, quite simply, if they can find and ban sellers then they can find and ban the buyers, they have sold gold to. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Show me solid evidence that I bought gold. You can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Show me solid evidence that I bought gold. You can't.
    Well, your honour. He received gold in the amount of 1,000 from a known gold seller. Now, while in most courts this might be considered circumstantial and therefore inconclusive enough to allow a verdict of not-guilty. However, in our court, which we own. Along with the game server, the characters, the game world and the gold in question. We think its enough. Case closed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement