Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XDA 2 emergency please help

• 15-04-2006 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

my dad is away for a month and left his phone, xda 2, with me

he asked that i charged it once a week or so because once before it went dead and he lost all his info, plugged it in last night to charge and it has obviously run down as now the set up screen is on asking me to set time etc,

also his name and stuff that used to be on the front screen is missing, is all his saved stuff gone again or does it just need the date and time set,

please let his stuff not be all gone he'll go mad, surely this couldnt happen in a phone that costs this much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just apply his backup from ActiveSync. He has a backup right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

If he has not done a backup his partnership is lost, but if he has sync'd his files, he is grand and his contact and calender will be also all on Outlook.

So it will be a matter of setting up a new partnership, copying the contents of his sync'd folder from the previous and sync'ing contacts etc..

With an XDA it is always on standby and never off hence the main and backup battery drained, then hard reseting itself to the original factory state when recharged, my advice leave it on charge in a safe place permanently until he is back as it is a Li ion battery so will never overheat or burn itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ribbons

sounds bad, i know he wont have a back up

basically he told me to check it every now and again to make sure battery levels were okay

when i turned it on yeaterday to check it just said something like set up initialisation failed and all his stuff looked to be gone, but it hadnt gone dead, is there anything i can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Theres nothing you can do. As said, XDAs running to factory state when the main and backup batteries have depleted. Not having a backup is moronic, its fundamental to using one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

this sounds bad.that it wont turn on with memory intact.

the best option is call o2 or go into there shop and ask them if theres a option.really there must be a option o2 can use.if not then o2 are crap.really think about it its 2006.

anyway hope you get this sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

easiest thing to do, I have found, is to back up to SD memory. After lots of times loosing all my stuff, thats what I do now.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

drdre wrote:

the best option is call o2 or go into there shop and ask them if theres a option.really there must be a option o2 can use.if not then o2 are crap.really think about it its 2006.

It's not O2s fault - it's just he way those PDAs go. What option can O2 use to magic back someones data?

Now if you have a Blackberry and the battery goes nothing happens....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

drdre wrote:

anyway hope you get this sorted out.

Data is stored on the XDA O2 have no input here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

woody wrote:
    Data is stored on the XDA O2 have no input here

i know that but there muct be some option for taking it off.o2 could do something if they wanted to.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It can't be taken off because it is off.. vamoosed, deleted, imithe ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

The Doktor wrote:
    easiest thing to do, I have found, is to back up to SD memory. After lots of times loosing all my stuff, thats what I do now.

Oh yes, the only way to guarantee a backup. And the xda2 has the software inbuilt to do so. If the owner didn't use a backup they can't blame anyone else really.
    (The xda exec/imate jasjar doesn't have backup facilities as MS say it's unnecessary :eek: so I actually bought a program which has indeed proved to be useful.)

Advertisement