Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone with, or access to, an A Class?

Options
  • 15-04-2006 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick request. Does anyone have an A class they could check for me? Or a link to a site with th efuse diagram.for some reason mercedes put the fuse diagram on a separate shet and not in the manual, and the sheet has gone missing.

The g/f was jumping her car yesterday when she noticed a 30A fuse (i'm nearly 100% theres only 1 30a fuse) was sticking out so checked it and it turns out that at some stage when it was with the merc garage (it was in for a new alternator early in its life) a fuse bles and instead of replacing it they wrapped copper wire around the cantacts to keeps the circuit live. For the last couple of years shes had ecu issues so I can only imagine what the constant feed was doing when it should have blown the fuse.

So anyway, to the question, can anyone tell me what this fuse does, cheers?

***EDIT. It's a large fuse, a good bit bigger than the standard size fuses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Stekelly wrote:
    Just a quick request. Does anyone have an A class they could check for me? Or a link to a site with th efuse diagram.for some reason mercedes put the fuse diagram on a separate shet and not in the manual, and the sheet has gone missing.

The g/f was jumping her car yesterday when she noticed a 30A fuse (i'm nearly 100% theres only 1 30a fuse) was sticking out so checked it and it turns out that at some stage when it was with the merc garage (it was in for a new alternator early in its life) a fuse bles and instead of replacing it they wrapped copper wire around the cantacts to keeps the circuit live. For the last couple of years shes had ecu issues so I can only imagine what the constant feed was doing when it should have blown the fuse.

So anyway, to the question, can anyone tell me what this fuse does, cheers?

***EDIT. It's a large fuse, a good bit bigger than the standard size fuses
    Check inside the main fuse box...the Germans are sticklers for including a fuse allocation chart...that'll have the details for you

Advertisement