Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Race

Options
  • 15-04-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭

Loads of rumours about this, but there's a lot of people putting their money down on Murlocs...

And images like this are springing up everywhere!

murloc.jpg

Wonder what it's gonna be!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Not Murlocs. That'd be silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Looks like ****e tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The best theory I heard was the blood elves theory, I cant remember what they were called now, but you get the idea. I actually think someone posted it on this forum a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ivan wrote:
    The best theory I heard was the blood elves theory, I cant remember what they were called now, but you get the idea. I actually think someone posted it on this forum a few months ago.
    Not sure what you mean by "Blood Elf" theroy, but the Blood Elves were confirmed as the new Horde race months ago.

is this not going to be in the expansion pack, surely they could think of something other than murlocs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Not sure what you mean by "Blood Elf" theroy, but the Blood Elves were confirmed as the new Horde race months ago.
    Oh, first I heard.

Nifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

sunzz wrote:
    is this not going to be in the expansion pack, surely they could think of something other than murlocs?

Yea it's gonna be in the expansion. Apparently murlocs could be the race lorewise(apparently cause of the war between them and the trolls in WC3) hopefully they're not though cause that'd be retarded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the three most likely (at least in the communities eyes) are murlocs, panderans, and drenai. blizzard apparently wanted to give the horde a "beautiful" race, so they get blood elves, and people seem to think it'll be vice versa for the alliance race.

apparently, drenai fit well into the lore, being the original species from dreanor, the world which the orcs came to azeroth from, and which was almost totally destroyed in the warcraft 2 expansion. all that is left is what is now called outland which is featured heavily in the expansion.

i think it'll be panderai, trolls (yes, alliance trolls) or demons...which would be cool.

Tbh guys, its not going to be Murlocs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

It'd be a nightmare if it were murlocs. Alliance are already rediculous enough with the gnomes but with murlocs.... *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Lol, Murlocs rock, love the name on the little guy in the picture above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

hope to god it is murlocs! think of the /sillys :D

I'd love a blood elf rogue. Think of the fun you could have stealing mana from a caster then moving in for the kill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

It's fake.I'll tell you why. If this were a test of the expansion pack surely the murloc would be level 70 not 60.It's a very well done fake,but still a fake....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ogres FTW,

Alliance needs a large race,

Horde have orcs and tauren. If Blizzard are evening out the ugly/pretty ratio then they should even out the size of the races between factions too.

Hope its Ogres

If they go for a 'large' race, it'd most likely be pandaren. Anyway there's too many possibilities to speculate, they'll announce it soon enough :)

Just wondering will this expansion be something like TFT, A totally different game with new high level raids and gear and will the previous characters people have spent 1 year + on the original wow just become obsolete?

More or less wow2.

No you'll continue with your characters from vanilla WoW. There'd be uproar and thousands of cancelled accounts if you had to start from scratch again. It's not a new game its just the opening of new zones and increasing of the level cap.

Ah I see bern, so more or less a patch on a cd. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

It will create a two tier game though which is kinda annoying me - you'll have those that shell out for the expansion (like myself) who will be able to level up to 70 and those who don't who will be limited to 60. Possibly making the Expansion a content only deal (you can only visit Outlands/access Expansion equipment by purchasing the expansion) and increasing the level to 70 for everyone would have been a more equitable thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Evac I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the cap is being raised for everyone.It's just going to the outlands,using the new races,and becoming a 'hero' that is for only for people with the expansion pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

just incabable of making a short, succinct post...

:D

Personally I don't think Blood Elf is from lack of imagination.
    Imo it was done to balance the race population as most people pick elf.

Probably have the opposite effect though since everyone knows now that elf = pheg.

Ropedrink sucks tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chomsky

If it's Draenai that would suck, they are **** looking. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Furbolgs are the most likely atm.

chomsky wrote:
    If it's Draenai that would suck, they are **** looking. :(:(:(

Uber stealth rogues though.... Would be fun for Horde ganking... :p

If it is the Draenai it wont be the ones you see in sos or bl, they'll be related, they wont look as gimp. One of the new npc races announced are The Broken who are a shaman orc type race who the Dranei decended from, so I don't know if that suggest it will be them or wont be them heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

okay, think about it, on the current WoW world there are a few areas blocked off and unexplorable. Blood Elves starting zone is north of EPL. Where do you think the new alliance race starting zone will be? Possibly in Outlands but more likely in the current world. So that cuts down the possibilities, the zone behind the greymane wall south of silverpine forest seems like a likely starting zone as it's close enough to other starting zones for linear zone leveling progression. So I reckon the new alliance race could be those werewolf type creatures like those circulating in silverpine forest. humanoid type race and with enough ugliness factor that blizz want in new alliance race. Just a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Nah, I'd put money down that it ain't the werewolves... There's no history for them, and no town big enough for them to start in, only a instance and that small village!

Advertisement