Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Call out mechanic

Options
  • 15-04-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All ,

So I picked up a free Toyota Masterace 8 seater van from Terbo (nice one again) and managed to get her down the N11 to a friends house, thanks be to god it's mostly downhill.

So far we have repaired the radiator leaks (plural) , got the coolant system topped up , brake fluids, steering column (you'll need one of these) power steering and will do the oil change on monday.

Now all this is only costing a few quid so far, what I'm looking for now is someone who can come and look at her and see if it's worth going for the NCT or not. make the executive decision. The van is in Donnybrook at the moment, mechanically and electrically driving well.

Would anybody have a number for a mechanic who could drop by ?? I reckon we can handle the repairs but I'm unsure if the project is viable or not . Just t outline the major work that needs doing etc, will pay of course.

Thanks, Fionn

p.s. borrowed a friends digital camera to get some before and after shots of the project, as soon as we stop taking pictures of our middle fingers (stupid place for a lens) I'll post them up :)

Advertisement