Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caution: Speed Checks

Options
  • 15-04-2006 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

FYI, the boys in blue are doing speed checks on the road to Charlesland with all the roundabouts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Yeah, there was a red Ford Mondeo at one of the roundabounts on Easter Sunday at around 2.30pm. He was in the car on his own, I know it was an unmarked cop car as it didn't have an insurance disc and it had 2 an extra antennas on the roof. I may have been caught:(

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

hmmm. going back to a much earlier thread, i was under the impression that they cant enforce speed limits on the whole charlesland road because its still owned by the devlopers and hasnt been "given back" to wicklow coco. i rang them about young lads tearing up and down one night a month or 2 ago and they said they cant do anything about it because its not governed by the national road authority. they also even said that that would affect if there was ever an accident as its technically a "private road". thats also why none of the traffic lights are turned on.

maybe they were just checking the general speeds before its handed over??

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

Ooohh, that's interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bah- the limit on that road is too low. I'm not condoning speeding, but the limit there should be 60 at least, 50 is ridiculous.

Advertisement