Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you use your wellies for

• 15-04-2006 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What do you use your wellies for? I use them for basic jobs around the house ie.bringing in the bin or cutting the lawn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

......I don't own a pair of wellies. Should I? :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's all the fashion!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭tallaghtdave

saw 2 birds wearin them in foxrock the other day mad looking i taught they were takn the p_iss but hte chap i was with says no dave its fashion ,
    lol. mad r what what next ..

Lump wrote:
    It's all the fashion!

John

Really? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

.... I was being sarcastic BTW.

John

• Advertisement

So was I BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Troll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

wellies? lol! well I know a couple of people who own wellies for fashion puposes! Did you know Mischa Barton was wearing them in an episode of the O.C.! not for farming i can assure you! it was raining! im thinking of getiing a pink pair because all my jeans/trousers are gettin wrekd by are shi!te weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

I bought a pair for oxegen last year & wore them loads under my jeans etc whenever i was out & about in wet weather !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i have a leopard skin print pair, i use them when it's raining and im riding my motorbike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Splashing in puddles

Kicking leaves

&

General Jock Follery

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mikedean

I wear mine whenever its raining. Like yesterday I wore them walking the dog, shopping and clearing the backyard. They are yellow and navy. And match my yellow raincoat.
    I used to worry about what other friends would say to me wearing wellies but I couldn't care less. In fact, since I bought mine last Nov, two more friends have bought some.
    Up the welly brigade.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

I have pink spotty ones and I use them for archery.. Irish summers usually make standing shooting in a field all day a very muddy affair and they save my white tracksuit botoms(which we have to wear)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I saw that somebody had a pair in a room as a decoration in some article on interiors I saw in the paper! Madness imo! They should be worn! (But only in the country, outdoors of a rainy day)

I use wellies to throw in welly throwing competitions.Its a big sport in Leitrim!(i wish i was joking.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have a pink pair myself with black hearts on them. Got them when living in Chicago to get through all the snow. Such a good investment. But they haven't been used since.... *sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NoEntry

For me, wellies are for walking through ****e...literally. Farm life in ireland isn't all about flowers and crap like that. It is about wellies and oilskins and **** and comin in sfter a long day to you 7 children and wife and shaggin the livin daylights out of her...its an irish heritage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I dont have a pair of wellies anymore. :)

bellingham_land_girls_400.jpg

hellooooo nurse! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

I don't have a pair, but my mum lives in the country and my sister bought her a really funky pair so she could wear them when she garding or walking around fields ;)

Advertisement