Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

duffer out of chelsea team/bench today

• 15-04-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

friend of a friend of duffers brother said he's not happy at chelsea and could be on way out in summer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

spurs will be bringing in a left winger this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

that sounds like the dodgiest source ever. Mind you, the only reason why Duff isn't shining at Chelsea is becasue Mourinho doesn't put enough
    trust in his wingers to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

http://football365.com/news/story_182580.shtml
    Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has revealed he wants to freshen up his squad with three new signings this summer - with Michael Ballack top of his shopping list.

Both the Blues and the Germany midfielder on Thursday admitted they have held advanced talks about 29-year-old Ballack moving to Stamford Bridge. Mourinho, meanwhile, insists he is also hopeful of recruiting a defender and a striker before next season, although he accepts some members of his current squad will have to be sacrificed.

"We change three players," said Mourinho. "Three players who want to play more and are not very happy in the club, or some players I am frustrated with and have nothing to give us."

He added: "I change them for three other players. I would say three players will come in in the summer. It is the natural process.

"We have a good squad, players at a good age, not players finishing their career. [Claude] Makelele is the oldest player [33] and he looks the youngest one.

"We don't have big needs. The natural tendency is we get a defender, a midfielder and an attacker," quotes The Times.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has confirmed the club are in talks with Bayern Munich captain Ballack.

The German international skipper revealed yesterday he was in "serious negotiations" with the reigning Barclays Premiership champions and now Kenyon has underlined Chelsea's firm interest in the 29-year-old.

Ballack is available on a free transfer after rejecting the offer of a new deal from the German giants and Kenyon admits the Londoners are in deep negotiations with the player about a summer move to Stamford Bridge.

"I would echo that we are in serious negotiations," Kenyon told BBC Radio London 94.9. "Clearly he is an outstanding and big player so I think we are in good, serious negotiations with him and would echo what he said. We are at a good stage and I am delighted as to where we are."
    Hmmm... looks like SWP'll be going, but who are the other two? I wouldn't be surprised if Duff is unhappy with the way he's made play at Chelsea but I think Mourinho rates him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I wouldn't be surprised if one of Essien or Wright Phillips goes. Essien has been majorly dissapointing and if Maniche and Ballack both join, he looks the weakest player in that position especilly with Diarra looking to be some prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Joaquin in this Summer. That means one of them has to go. I would love Duff to join United but Chelsea won't sell him to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://football365.com/news/story_182580.shtml

Hmmm... looks like SWP'll be going, but who are the other two? I wouldn't be surprised if Duff is unhappy with the way he's made play at Chelsea but I think Mourinho rates him.
    I think there's more obvious players like Glen Johnson who he's talking about. Geremi seems to like getting his pay packet and being backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Mirror names Duff or Robben as being likely to leave. SWP is going nowhere I'd say. Duff should get out for the sake of his career.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Duff is exactly what Liverpool have being looking for....we should have went all out to get him back when he left Blackburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Duff is exactly what Liverpool have being looking for....we should have went all out to get him back when he left Blackburn.

pool have gonzalez coming in the summer and have kewell there already. if i didnt think kewell was improving and thought gonzalez was an average player i might agree with u, but i dont think theres any need for duff at liverpool now.

maybe a few years back, but not now, and not for the money chelsea will be looking for.

if anything i reckon chelsea will be bringing in a right winger, i dont see joaquin going to chelsea, i reckon it will be simao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Duffers is sold, it will be for at least 10 million sterling, if not more.
    Chelsea won't sell him to any of the other top 4, so it'll be Spurs/Blackburn/Bolton or abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

el rabitos wrote:
    if anything i reckon chelsea will be bringing in a right winger, i dont see joaquin going to chelsea, i reckon it will be simao.
    Joaquin has said it may be time for him to leave Betis, so I think if he has a good World Cup, he may well be Chelski bound. It could even be tied up before the World Cup kicks off.

Joaquin has said it may be time for him to leave Betis, so I think if he has a good World Cup, he may well be Chelski bound. It could even be tied up before the World Cup kicks off.

yeah i'm sure he'll be leaving betis this summer, but i dont think he'll be off to chelsea. maybe barca or i reckon. barca have more of a need for a right winger and they've shown interest in him in the past aswell, i'd love to see him at liverpool, but rafa seemed to write him off last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PHB wrote:
    If Duffers is sold, it will be for at least 10 million sterling, if not more.
    Chelsea won't sell him to any of the other top 4, so it'll be Spurs/Blackburn/Bolton or abroad.

I'd love to see him back at Blackburn but Rovers wouldn't have 10 million or so for one player plus we've already got two left wingers, MGP, who has arguably been the best left winger in the PL this season, and Sergio Peter, who sources at Rovers reckon could be better than MGP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mike65 wrote:
    The Mirror names Duff or Robben as being likely to leave. SWP is going nowhere I'd say. Duff should get out for the sake of his career.

Mike.

I'd say Duff is more likely to go than Robben.

I've never thought Duff played to his peak with Chelsea. I know the injuries have set back his playing style, but there's still something I feel doesnt suit him there.
    Would love to see him link up with Robbie at spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

agree, duff was top class at blackburn. haven't seen the same from him at chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have Liverpool any money to buy players?

kdjac

30 million seems to be the figure doing the rounds as far as the summers transfer budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

I wonder if billionaire Robert Kraft will make a move over the summer,

Would Say Kewell would the main reason most of that cash goes on a striker, playing well with WC coming up. Dunno if the left winger need is more than a decent striker.

kdjac

Would Say Kewell would the main reason most of that cash goes on a striker, playing well with WC coming up. Dunno if the left winger need is more than a decent striker.

yeah, i dont see any need for another left winger. zenden/kewell/gonzalez is grand. i'd like to see a player like valeron come in on the cheap as back up for gerrard. another central defender with some versatility would be good aswell. plus the new striker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Chelsea dosen't suit Duff. He isn't given an oppertunity to have a more free role in the style of football Morhinio adopts. Infact, I think all wingers have struggled to reproduce their talent for Chelsea that they have proven to posess elsewhere.

Duff plays his best football in a green jersey and I think for the sake of his career he should leave. If I could choose where he would go, I'd like to see him go to any of Man U, Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal...but all four are fairly unlikely (wouldn't sell to Arsenal or Man u...Liverpool wouldn't buy him and Spurs couldn't afford him).

Not sure if i'd like to see him go abroad...it has been a bit of a poisin challace for English based players in recent years imo.

If he did go abroad the only league I'd like to see him go to would be the Spanish and deffenatly not the Italian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Liverpool don't need Duff" Its great to be able to say that cos 3/4 years ago he was the solution to all our woes! Times change.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh spurs could afford him alright.

although, is robert huth being booked a record?

he was onthe pitch about 15 seconds before getting a yellow. im thinking its got to be a record of some sort.

Duff plays his best attacking football when he doesnt have to defend. Like any play really. He does what Mourinho wants him to do most of the time just doesnt like it. In an attacking team where he didnt cover as much, he would be worth buying a season ticket for.

kdjac

Advertisement