Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Bald is Best" Beerage, April 28th, Lake2...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Scraggs wrote:
    You never answered my question Seb... is the beard going too?
    I only avoided answering cos it's an impossible question - I don't have a beard. I have a teensy bitta growth but... If ya want a beard, you should meet our mate Greg. Magnificent beard of viking proportions. Or, of course, the legendary Sarky, who was going to chop off his beard for charity until he realised he could make more money from a "Save Sarky's Beard" campaign.

So in answer to your question I dunno.
    Is it ok if I give you my donation on Friday?
    Yep, should be grand, I'm hoping to get much more money on Friday than that which I already have (bout 100 yoyos so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Its a beard.

I'll give ya my money on friday [payday] too if thats allright with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ditto, though I have no idea when i'll be able to make it down, I have a lecture, a three hour practical, and a 1 hour presentation to do.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

ze money is yours next time I see you Seb dear, which could well be Friday but hopefully beforehand cos I'll have more money early in the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

*cough*What time of the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I'll see if I can get Paddy Carroll to pass on a donation for me; I'm not going to be around on Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

SebtheBum wrote:
    Heart Children Ireland
    Charity for children born with Congenital Heart Defects (CHD), based in Our Lady's Hospital in Crumlin.

You have a heart of gold! I, however, have no heart... will they be able to help me?!

I know a girl who got her head shaved about six months ago for the Chernobyl Childrens' Project, and she raised well over a thousand Euro, so keep these unfortunate kids in mind on Wednesday, the 20th anniversary of the Ukrainian disaster. Peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

not sure if i can stay for very long on friday but i will be down to make my donation. Spent close to €200 at the stag weekend i was at (aka bambis night out) which is a huge amount when u consider i had free transport and accomodation was only €35 in total.

Anyways i got an after wedding party to go to on wednesday and after that i may be too broke. Ill see come wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

B-K-DzR wrote:
    not sure if i can stay for very long on friday but i will be down to make my donation. Spent close to €200 at the stag weekend i was at (aka bambis night out) which is a huge amount when u consider i had free transport and accomodation was only €35 in total.

Anyways i got an after wedding party to go to on wednesday and after that i may be too broke. Ill see come wednesday.

Ah sure you'll need only be some cheap booze for a day like that.

@Seb, I owe you money for this too, defo have to throw you a few bob for doing this plus a good cause!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

I dont realy go to board meet ups but i gave elmyra a donation to give to u. thats a gr8 cause good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

nursebetty wrote:
    I dont realy go to board meet ups but i gave elmyra a donation to give to u. thats a gr8 cause good luck with it.

This is correct. It's 20c.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How much is everyone giving? I can never work out how much to give for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Whatever I have going space, a few euro is aight and anymore is being super aight.

scop wrote:
    Whatever I have going space, a few euro is aight and anymore is being super aight.
    Word to this mofo.

Cheers peeps, all contributions are appreciated, but some contributions are more appreciated than others...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

am I the only who Seb has told to bring girls for him?!
    heehee, actually have told them all though pet so hopefully a few will turn up! and i will of course hassle and annoy them on Friday too!:D

Villaricos wrote:
    am I the only who Seb has told to bring girls for him?!
    heehee, actually have told them all though pet so hopefully a few will turn up! and i will of course hassle and annoy them on Friday too!:D
    Excellent.:D

By the way peeps, I chose lake2 because I made the assumption (yes, yes, mother of all f**kups, I know) that whoever brought the generator down last yr was gonna do so again. However, there is a slight chance that there won't be one this year - and since I only have an electric razor and not a battery-powered one, this'd mean that we have to troop off somewhere else.

Unless of course one of you enterprising fellows has a cordless shaver and would donate it briefly for the cause of shaving my head?!?:D

Anyway. It's still 4pm, Lake2, this Friday.
    But if there ain't a generator there then we're gonna move somewhere else.

P.S. I know I'm spectacularly disorganised, but what do you really expect from someone who self-styles himself as a bum?!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I can top you for disorganistion Seb, I discovered last Wednesday my ucd ma application was due last Thursday!! Lecturers were not happy to get a reference request to be completed in 24 hours. But they did it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Got your hands on any buckets yet?

I'm sure the charity itself might be able to provide them if you got in touch with them.

You'd be missing out on a shít load of cash if you didn't do a collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I think I have a cordless shaver at home somewhere, dunno if there chrger is there for it.

Ill have a dig around tonight and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

There is always the student bar...:D

• Advertisement

That would be my preferred option if there is no generator brought to Lake2, but I'm led to believe that the Student Bar probably wouldn't let someone shave their head on their premises, due to Public Health concerns. Which wouldn't surprise me, since the Porterhouse (which was gonna be the venue) doesn't let ppl do it anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hrmm - i do have a beard trimmer which i could charge up - dunno how well it'd cut through the hair to be honest. worth a shot?

&#231 wrote: »
    Hrmm - i do have a beard trimmer which i could charge up - dunno how well it'd cut through the hair to be honest. worth a shot?
    I have one of those too, and if yours is anything like mine then I wouldn't trust such an ickle trimmer tryin to chop throu my immense hairage!:D

So... Hmmm. Maybe we could use both beard-trimmers!

Nah, I'm sure we'll be ok (prays quietly to Allah)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

SebtheBum wrote:
    I have one of those too, and if yours is anything like mine then I wouldn't trust such an ickle trimmer tryin to chop throu my immense hairage!:D

So... Hmmm. Maybe we could use both beard-trimmers!

Nah, I'm sure we'll be ok (prays quietly to Allah)
    I dunno, I think it could get interesting if they ended up only half working:D

Blowfish wrote:
    I dunno, I think it could get interesting if they ended up only half working:D
    Thank you for providing yet another reason as to why I won't be considering the beard-trimmer option!:D

I demand a proper Shaver, dammit, and if I have to traipse around campus looking for a socket to plug the electric one into, so be it

I've this which I really only use to shave my face, the batterys crap but fully charged it should do the trick, I don't mind bringing it in if your stuck.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/4421290SPA65UC267913X.jpg

In front of the student bar would attract a good crowd without the health and safety problems!

humbert wrote:
    I've this which I really only use to shave my face, the batterys crap but fully charged it should do the trick, I don't mind bringing it in if your stuck.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/4421290SPA65UC267913X.jpg
    Absolutely, that'd be perfect - at the very least as a backup plan should there not be a generator. Cheers humbert, tis much appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

an extension cable thingymabobs is your friend

SebtheBum wrote:
    Absolutely, that'd be perfect - at the very least as a backup plan should there not be a generator. Cheers humbert, tis much appreciated:)
    No prob!
    Scraggs wrote:
    thought about suggesting that, would make the outside the bar idea work but a very simple plan is getting more complicated:o

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    The fact that you use the highly technical term "thingymabobs" does not instil with much enthusiasm as to the merits of your suggestion, I am sorry to say.

Advertisement