Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Bald is Best" Beerage, April 28th, Lake2...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well I'm at home now, said I'd meet panda and Humbert at dolc before 4
    I'll be there at 3.45 if ya wait for me. Panda will recognise me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

hope it went good and ye raised loads!!!
    woke up this morning and by this morning i mean this evening at about 4 o clock with the worst hangover!!! looks like drink and antibiotics dont mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Services wouldn't let Seb shave his head til he handed over his student card...

I constantly(ish) yelled: "YOU THOUGHT I WAS A BOY" at panda and scraggy, mostly scraggy.

Services emptied beer cans, those alcohol Nazis.

That's pretty much the jist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

are ye goin to porterhouse?? if so which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

'Twas good craic down by the lakes. After numerous false starts Seb was eventually scalped, but luckily none of his blood was shed to help the Childrens' Hearts. Services were a constant pain, but only curtailed slightly the revelry. Some of us headed up to the Forum Bar after. Not much more to say except fair play to Seb. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

tintinr35 wrote:
    are ye goin to porterhouse?? if so which one?
    The temple bar one... be there or be rectangular shaped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I deleted rather than saved your number. That's how much of an idiot I am. After that, the library ate my soul, spat it out and all I can think is that maybe people read more homosexuality into Shakespeare than is actually there for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Twas nice to meet y'all. Sorry couldn't stay longer. Had arranged to meet other half in Dun L and was running late. In the end she was late herself so was waiting for her. Grr!

Well done to Seb. Let us know the final tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The headshaving lark was great fun, really; for that and the scoopage at the Forum Bar afterwards I owe you dudes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Bbbbllllluuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhh:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Any photos?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

we'd a reception so i couldn't make it. the staff laid on free booze.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The charms of the library and the Sale of Goods Act 1893 were too irresistable to me last night, so I couldn't make it out. I was very very very briefly in the Forum bar to get food, but there was nothing there, so I ended up in the restaurant.

Incidentally though, I was sitting beside Grimes and elmyra for a good ten minutes yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

my stomach hurts.
    i was supposed to be going easy on the drinking. then after 3 cans i kinda forgot about the medication i'm takingand not allowed to mix alcohol with. whoops
    bouncers didn't like me at all at all last night.
    first time i've been thrown out of somewhere, and twice in one night!
    will try and figure out my camera situation. have some pics but they're all terrible. i'm no photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The charms of the library and the Sale of Goods Act 1893 were too irresistable to me last night, so I couldn't make it out. I was very very very briefly in the Forum bar to get food, but there was nothing there, so I ended up in the restaurant.

Incidentally though, I was sitting beside Grimes and elmyra for a good ten minutes yesterday morning.

Oooh where was this? At the dept of lung cancer?

I have photos. I'm going to one hour photo as soon as I haul my ass off boards so they should be around soon, not sure if they're any good.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hmmm, I'll leave the mystery methinks.

Any results on how much was raised yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

well, I kept away from the rum last night but me mouth still tastes like a monkeys jockstrap... so much for responsible drinkin'.

It was a great night lads and lassies!! And Seb looks so cute and vulnerable with his head shorn; I wanted to take him home, put him in a gingham dress and combat boots and take photos of him... speaking of which, has anyone got some to post up?? There were a few flashes going off in the Porterhouse so I assume some of them where Boardsie type peoples.

I need a rasher sandwich now to build up me energy levels for a long days study... Material Culture, here I am!!! Over here!!!

quote of the night: Zane; "Am I still in the Communist Party?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

326 euro and 27 cents... Cheers to everyone that donated, and indeed everyone that attempted to shave my head - when a few of us went round to Moriarty's afterwards GarthV cleaned up the mess you lot had made of it, thank cr*p:p :D

Just kiddin', it was great laugh for a good cause, all the donations were much appreciated, and even the unusually harsh Services couldn't spoil the buzz...

Can't believe I lost the "Overall Boardsie" category tho - I SHAVED MY HEAD FOR YOUR AFFECTION, PEOPLE?!?!!

Honestly... Bunch of ingrates...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Well done SebtheBald, it was fantastic fun and that's a great donation for the charity. Plus you luckily didn't have a horribly grotesquely shaped head lurking under all that hair so the baldyness suits ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

heehee I do enjoy stealing your thunder....

Seb thats great what you raised, well done lad we're all very proud of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Congrats Seb, your hair's obviously quite valuable! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

elmyra wrote:
    SebtheBald,

LOL elmyra ... actually Seb, since you're going to quit being a bum, that could be the new nick! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    LOL elmyra ... actually Seb, since you're going to quit being a bum, that could be the new nick! :p
    That is not as abhorrant an idea as it initially appears.

Hmmm.

I might get on to the Admin about that!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:
    326 euro and 27 cents...

Wow that's an impressive total! Congrats mate but the important question that must be answered is...... IS THE HAIR GOING ON EBAY????? I need to purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

SebtheBum wrote:
    [...] indeed everyone that attempted to shave my head [...]
    Oi! I was the one who figured out that it took shorter patches at a time to get it working properly! Mwahahaha! Although in fairness, yeah, good call on getting the proper once-over afterwards.

Well done to everyone else who chipped in for the bucket.

(Did Paddy hand over the fiver?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

SebtheBum wrote:
    That is not as abhorrant an idea as it initially appears.

Hmmm.

I might get on to the Admin about that!:D
    Pff, i get my nick changed and suddenly its the cool thing to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

&#231 wrote: »
    Pff, i get my nick changed and suddenly its the cool thing to do :)

I'm still campaigning for frenchie_000.

It's only right Neil. You know it.

What's the deal with that? Ackshully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

What's the deal with that? Ackshully?

Frenchie?

Well what happened was, one day I said that Neil looked french. He took massive offence to this because it reminded him of some guy that he hated (or something).
    Anyway, being the good friend that I am, and being very aware of how annoyed this made Neil, I continued to call him Frenchie and managed to get most of the others we hang out with on occassion to call him Frenchie. It's pretty much stuck now.

He loves it really. Especially when we do the French laugh. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I just think its an excuse for yee guys not to actually have to think up original humour really :P

Advertisement