Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between these two 50" Panasonic screens

• 15-04-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying one of these three screens but can't for the life of me work out what the difference between them is. My German is...well, I know no German.

one

two
    three
    Anyone know anything about these screens?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

I can't say I've ever seen the tellys but the "translate a web page" on Google should help.

Ja=yes, nein=no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

All i know is what I can see on the links you gave. Screen 1 has more powerful speakers (31w), a picture in picture function and an Sd card slot Screen 2 has no Sd card slot and 20w speakers. They have the exact same features apart from that. Link 3 goes to a page with more than 1 tv so I cant help you much there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

second one looks like the new model and the third is a commercial unit if memory serves me correct, check out this page http://www.panasonic.co.uk/plasma-tv/index.htm for all the newest and up to date screens from panasonic. watch out for tuner differences with those foreign ones tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

cooperguy wrote:
    All i know is what I can see on the links you gave. Screen 1 has more powerful speakers (31w), a picture in picture function and an Sd card slot Screen 2 has no Sd card slot and 20w speakers. They have the exact same features apart from that. Link 3 goes to a page with more than 1 tv so I cant help you much there!

Oh, sorry bout that! I was trying to link to the Panasonic TH-50PV500E on the katronics page.

The e1000 price difference seems like loads for those differences between the first two TVs.

the th50-pv500 is current model but very soon to be outdated with a newer 10,000:1 contrast ratio model at a much lower retail price and worth waiting for in my opinion. it will 2 hdmi inputs instead of the current model's one. the models are due for changing in the next couple of weeks.

just as an example the 42 inch "current" model retails at €3700
    the "new" model which is out now but sold out retails as €2600 with 2 hdmi inputs

have a look here http://panasonic.co.jp/corp/news/official.data/data.dir/en060308-11/en060308-11.html

• Advertisement

Edit. Just saw your last post.

That page is very helpful, thanks. It looks like I'm going to have to wait for the new range. Is it likely to be more that 4 weeks before the new model becomes available? - I'll email katronics and see when they expect to have them in.

yeah sorry had to take a second look at the panasonic website so check out my other post, the px600 is the new range and the one to go for

new range is out but just has very high demand so its out of stock in panasonic in dublin but its due back very soon, hopefully. i work for an electrical shop and im almost 100% sure im correct but im open to correction on all the above

MacGyver wrote:
    new range is out but just has very high demand so its out of stock in panasonic in dublin but its due back very soon, hopefully. i work for an electrical shop and im almost 100% sure im correct but im open to correction on all the above
    That page says they become available today in Japan (15th April). Were they available in little Ireland before there?

yeah i think so. im just going on what the pansonic rep told us when he was down during the week.

but he could be just talk out his arse to get the sales of the screens going

i can make a call tuesday and find out.

• Advertisement

MacGyver wrote:
    yeah i think so. im just going on what the pansonic rep told us when he was down during the week.

but he could be just talk out his arse to get the sales of the screens going

i can make a call tuesday and find out.
    Ok. Sure, I'll email around a few suppliers and see when they expect to have them in, and at what price. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭465

Ok. Sure, I'll email around a few suppliers and see when they expect to have them in, and at what price. Thanks.
    WOULD You mind possting your finds here?
    the px600 42inch is the baby to go for,the older popular 500 series still gets great ratings

465 wrote:
    WOULD You mind possting your finds here?
    the px600 42inch is the baby to go for,the older popular 500 series still gets great ratings

Sure. So far I've found that the PX600s will be released 1 May in France and 1 June in Germany according to another forum. I don't know about the UK. I'll let you know what any suppliers tell me.

Has anyone purchased from any of these shops? They all have the new 50" PV600 for about €3700.

directshopper.de

xitra24.de

bananamedia.at

The only shop I've found mentioned on boards.ie is www.technikdirekt.de but they have it for €4619. And all UK prices work out as over €4000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Has anyone purchased from any of these shops? They all have the new 50" PV600 for about €3700.

directshopper.de

xitra24.de

bananamedia.at

The only shop I've found mentioned on boards.ie is www.technikdirekt.de but they have it for €4619. And all UK prices work out as over €4000.

Hi Mr. Flibble i'm buying the Pioneer 436 XDE soon here in Limerick.
    Did you get a price here, might be worth the extra few quid for peace of mind when spending that kind of money.
    They were looking for 4.5K but eventually went to 4K with 5 year warrenty.
    What you going to do if the thing shut's down in 18 months.

I'm going to take the risk. The pioneer 436 XDE is e2995 inc vat form katronics.de. It is worth the risk for me for 1000euro and I'm sure that you could get a 3rd party warrenty for less than the difference if you wanted.

I've lost the thread but I remember reading that a number of people here have bought form Katronics and had no problems.

I'm going to take the risk. The pioneer 436 XDE is e2995 inc vat form katronics.de. It is worth the risk for me for 1000euro and I'm sure that you could get a 3rd party warrenty for less than the difference if you wanted.

I've lost the thread but I remember reading that a number of people here have bought form Katronics and had no problems.

You have me tempted me now.
    Are you buying off them?

Be Careful check out this
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201889&highlight=katronics

Not worth the risk.

Thanks for the link. That doesn't look good. I'll try to find another european shop to get one from.

Thanks for the link. That doesn't look good. I'll try to find another european shop to get one from.

Have you checked out the Pio's there expensive but think there worth it.
    You can get a 50 inch one too.
    Check out plasma reviews here.

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/index.php?category=Plasmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement