Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Tullamore tonight

Options
  • 15-04-2006 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Looking to go out tonight in tullamore for the first time. I'm from dublin but living near edenderry. Dont really know anyone from down here as i still spend most my time in dublin. So basicly, whats a good night out in tullamore and anyone wanna volenteer to show me a good night? Names Alan by the way, 19.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Depends on what you want to do Alan. On a Thursday night, you really only have The Core in the Bridge House. On a Friday, there's also Number 1, and on Saturday, both.

Then the pubs, and whatever they are doing.

In general, in most midland towns of late, going out has become a drab. I DJ in a few places, and its hard to get a crowd going. With bars serving till 12:30, and you don't have to leave till 1am, whats the point of going to a club that finishes at 2?

Seanie.
    (DJ's in The Core on a Thursday, trying his best!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Niteclubs are a total rip-off. Usually €10 in and then you're roasted for the drink inside which can be up to €5 for a pint + most clubs won't even bother serving Guinness as it takes staff too long to pull it. Let them shove it them money-grabbing, unfriendly, out-of-date drink serving thieves.

Pub is better craic, cheaper and a good 'ol sing-song is the best with a proper pint.

Advertisement