Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mandriva

• 15-04-2006 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hey all,

I just downloaded Linux Mandriva, and slapped it onto a disk, And when i set to boot from the CDROM drive, it keeps coming up as "No Boot Devices found"

Any ideas?

~ Idgeitman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

what version did you download /which filename(s) ?

I have seen some versions that come on 3 cd's and one cd for documentation.

Where exactly does it say no boot devices found - do you get anything other than that at any point through bootup ?

This may sound patronising - (its not meant to) - but - did you extract the .iso file to make a bootable CDROM ? ie if you browse the cd at a windows machine can you see the folder structure and read from it ok ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

It says "No bootable Devices"

This is the one i got,

ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/mandrake/Mandrakelinux/official/iso/10.2/x86_64/
    And yeah, I did extract.

Thanks,
    ~ idgeitman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

What CPU is on the system your installing to ?

celeron M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

You're not supposed to extract. The ISO image is already bootable. You need to burn it as an image.

eg. Nero: http://www.linuxiso.org/viewdoc.php/neroburning.html

The current release of Mandriva is 2006. 10.2 (aka Mandriva 2005 LE) is the previous release. You may want to grab a 2006 image in order to have the latest goodies. I suggest the mini CD installer - a one CD installer with KDE and a selection of the most popular apps.
    Mandriva-Linux-Free-Mini-2006-CD.x86_64.iso

Are you sure the Celeron M supports EM64T 64 bit extensions? If it doesn't, the x86_64 version won't run. You need the i586 version.
    Mandriva-Linux-Free-Mini-2006-CD.i586.iso

After installation you can add packages from the online repositories.
    See http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ (make sure to press proceed at each step)

• Advertisement

"You need the i586 version."

you killed two birds with one stone,

thanks for all your help guys

~ Idgeitman

Advertisement