Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Hate Bt!

• 15-04-2006 6:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:mad: here is the latest, after they left off a massive credit for €201.87 off my March billing i called BT, they *claim* they have now applied credits to my account...we'll see about that :rolleyes:

But the same day i had the customer service rep. put a hold on any future direct debits being taken...and guess what happened?, yup...they still took money from my account, money i DO NOT OWE!!!! :mad:

Their lame ass excuse is, ohh we're sorry but it was in our system, you won't be DD on the May bill :rolleyes:

Yeah right, like i belive ANYTHING said to me by BT staff...lie after lie after lie, i've lost count. Broken promise after broken promise.

So i've decided to give them ONE last shot, i'll wait for my May 24th bill, if the credits are not on it i am going to close my bank account and open a new one.

They can swing then for any money from me, see how THEY like it!, see how they like being owed money...see how much they enjoy tryna chase me for money.

FU BT!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Always like to support BT victims out there.
    Heres my story http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054914578

Everyone who has a billing problem with BT should walk into their HQ with a solicitor’s letter declaring them in breach of contract. Worked for me. Got my bill reduced from 355euro to 86euro with one months free broadband. All that was sorted out after a 10 minute meeting face to face with a manager in BT HQ, backed up with threat of legal action. Wasted months on the phones talking to people who said they would fix it but in fact did absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

hey mate, to stop the DD being taken from your account write a dated/signed letter to your bank/bank manager instructing them to stop the DD. Also, state that this is to be commenced with immediate affect. The only way this could be reopened is if you request the DD is re-opened.

Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

I'm gone for a few weeks but it's still the same, more and more BT billing problems being aired on boards. Giving a company like esatBT one last chance is dangerous. It may just be another opportunity to dip into your current account once again. I'm using a crappy dial up connection now but I'm far happier than when I was a BT customer. Having to monitor my online bank balance like a hawk is no fun at all. Fair play to you clown bag, showing up at HQ. If all BT billing victims did that they would need to expand their offices :D

When I cancelled my BT DD in writing I followed it up with a phone call to the bank explaining the billing problem I was having with them. They were very understanding. Try to talk to a middle manager and take his/her name. If BT does manage to put through the DD again it will be up to the bank to pull that money back for you, since you have correctly cancelled the DD. I was told that the sooner the bank is made aware of the DD having being put through again the easier it is for them to pull it back. The fact that we even have to discuss this is a reflection of esatBT's abuse of the DD system in some cases. They’re not the only company to do this, but they seem to do it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Would setting up a BT bank account be a good idea? Is it possible to get a DD from your current account, to your new account every month and then BT can DD from your new account, they can only take what's there I suppose, or can they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

If I hadnt cleared my account when my probs started with BT, I'd be down over 900 euro now...

How much do I actually owe them?

130....yep....130

NH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I went into the bank and asked them to block any attempt from BT to take money from my account. I was told that if I gave BT my details online that there was nothing the bank could do to stop this. I was amazed when the bank teller told me that even if I specifically asked the bank to stop the DD that they could do nothing. BT is set up to get your money as easily as possible and to make it as hard as possible to get it back.

Please read the link in my post further up the page.
    I have concluded that the only way to sort out BT is to threaten legal action against them while face to face with a manager in their HQ building.
    Close any bank account you have with them and transfer your money to a new account. Pay your bills in the post office by cheque / postal order only after you have confirmed that they are charging you the correct amount.
    Like nearlyhappy above, I also cleared my account out so they couldn’t get at my money.
    BT have since removed my bank details from their system and I pay through post.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

If you have notified both your bank and BT (has to be in writing) that you want to stop the DD, I don't see any reason why another DD from BT should go through on your account. If it does, then your bank has some questions to answer. You are not at fault. It is after all your account and your money. BT is not billing you correctly and is taking money that is not theirs. If your bank is not sympathetic to that situation then it might be time to find a bank that is.

cormie, in my opinion giving BT access to your credit card and especially your current account in any way, is potentially very bad news. If you choose to do it make sure you keep well on top of everything

Advertisement