Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog friendly hotels?

Options
  • 15-04-2006 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any dog friendly hotels or other accommodation in Ireland or Europe? I mean somewhere that the dog could stay in our room, not on his own but when we are there.

Only ever came across one lovely hotel in Clifton, Co. Galway, where we could leave the mutt in the room while we went out! The deal was that if he barked they could ring us and we'd come and get him. Cant remember the name of it but it was up from the Alcott & Brown with a lovely cast iron awning over the entrance... old fashioned look! Really lovely!

But would love to know of any other places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

It was Foyles Hotel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sheltie

I was on holiday in Italy last year. Now there's one country that really appreciates its dogs. Italians have such a responsible attitude towards dog ownership,... and what a beautiful country too.
    I was staying at Riva del Garda which is a perfect spot for bringing your dog. Lot's of hotels there accommodate dogs and from what I could see allowed them to stay in the rooms or apartments. It will usually say on the hotel's website or in the travel brochures if they're doggie friendly. Highly recommended.

Advertisement