Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbeds!!!!

Options
  • 15-04-2006 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Its that time of the year again, time to get a tan! Can anyone reccommend anywhere to get Sunbeds? I tried the place down the side of Easons during the week and its 85 euros for 2 hrs, Seems very expensive!

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I think most of the Chartbusters stores do this now although it could just the Douglas one. I've no idea of the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

last year I went to the tanning shop across from Subway, it cost €50 an hour, but you got an hour free, the stand up ones are very good. In saying that, it was last year, and the price may have gone up again (I'll let you know tomorrow, cause I'm off on holls again in a few weeks and want to do a few before I go, so I'll be going in)

checked tan.ie for prices and they didn't have any up.. rubbish...
    anyway, on south main street, theres the tanning shop (it's across from subway, at the back of the peace park), they charge €55 for an hour, and you get half an hour free, or if you pay €85 for two hours, you get 3 hours for it! so it's pretty good, and they keep your minutes for ever! (I hadn't been there in over a year, and I still had 40mins left, AND they still had my sun cream tan accelerator stuff)... it's a whole hour more than the place by Easons anyway!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Why would you want to risk your health like that? Sunbeds are practically as bad as cigarettes for causing cancer. I don't understand how anyone can be so vain as to put their health at risk for a bit of a tan. Wouldn't it be easier to use fake tan? Plenty of places do it and it's not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Save the fcking lecture for the health forum or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Faith wrote:
    Why would you want to risk your health like that? Sunbeds are practically as bad as cigarettes for causing cancer. I don't understand how anyone can be so vain as to put their health at risk for a bit of a tan. Wouldn't it be easier to use fake tan? Plenty of places do it and it's not too expensive.

Or just stay white... millions of KKK members can't be wrong! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have to say, I've never understood sunbeds either. Everyone's a little bit vain, and people take other risks too, but at least cigarettes and alcohol are addictive. Sunbeds are just masturbation when you get down to it.

I like having a tan :( don't bully me, I'm not making anyone else go do them, and if you think I'm stupid for it, fine... I'm going on them because otherwise I'll burn when I head off on holls in 2 weeks, I'm just preparing my skin so it doesn't get too much of a shock when it sees sunshine!
    and I like cigarrettes too.. so either way I'm screwed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bullying?

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Bullying?
    ok then, lecturing! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cazzy1

I got a good deal in my gym 200 mins for €99 but in Louth and its the stand up sunbeds its one of these super tan ones so you only need 3 mins at a time. Well i thought i was getting a good deal but there is always a catch for something cheap everytime i go to use them the still havent got the protective goggles in and i paid 3 wks ago and im off on hols in 2 wks. Im fair skin and its only to pepare my skin so i dont burn out foreign.
    I think i will demand my money back at this stage.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AutumnDays

SmileyL - you go do your sunbed and smoke away girl! The world is becoming far too PC as it is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

remember that scene in one of these generic 'teen scary films' where the two girls were cooked alive in sunbeds after they got locked into em? Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Oh, thats gonna make her feel so much better :rolleyes:

Seriously, spray tan works well for me. But you have to be confident with whoever does it.... u dont want to look like you've been tango'd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

u dont want to look like you've been tango'd

Yeah, theres enough oompa loompa's going around as it is...

is everyone not pale faced around Cork at the moment? I heard it's rained at home just as much as it's rained here...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

checked tan.ie for prices and they didn't have any up.. rubbish...
    anyway, on south main street, theres the tanning shop (it's across from subway, at the back of the peace park), they charge €55 for an hour, and you get half an hour free, or if you pay €85 for two hours, you get 3 hours for it! so it's pretty good, and they keep your minutes for ever! (I hadn't been there in over a year, and I still had 40mins left, AND they still had my sun cream tan accelerator stuff)... it's a whole hour more than the place by Easons anyway!

Any one know the name of this place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 OMNISLASHER1

it was final destination 3 there was a girl in that anyway,just out of curiousity,why every time i ask google a question and want too reply too someones statement does it take a new profile (boards ie) too fill in,have it sent too my email,take half an hour,just too say,hey,i think it was final destination 3? i have a lot of time on my hands dude,but w.t.f??? 15-30 mins too reply too one silly question...what is this password coated world coming too!!!(why did you join this thingy?)there must be something im missing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 OMNISLASHER1

:)
    rymus wrote: »
    remember that scene in one of these generic 'teen scary films' where the two girls were cooked alive in sunbeds after they got locked into em? Class!
    it was final destination 3 there was a girl in that anyway,just out of curiousity,why every time i ask google a question and want too reply too someones statement does it take a new profile (boards ie) too fill in,have it sent too my email,take half an hour,just too say,hey,i think it was final destination 3? i have a lot of time on my hands dude,but w.t.f??? 15-30 mins too reply too one silly question...what is this password coated world coming too!!!(why did you join this thingy?)there must be something im missing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I like having a tan :( don't bully me, I'm not making anyone else go do them, and if you think I'm stupid for it, fine... I'm going on them because otherwise I'll burn when I head off on holls in 2 weeks, I'm just preparing my skin so it doesn't get too much of a shock when it sees sunshine!
    and I like cigarrettes too.. so either way I'm screwed!
    sun cream no?

Yeah, theres enough oompa loompa's going around as it is...
    im complete opposite, i look like caspers anemic cousin :(
    i have a phobia of sunbeds from that movie

• Advertisement
Advertisement