Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Lucozade Adverts

• 15-04-2006 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Ok so I started watching Season two again when it started on RTE 2, but FFS those god damn adverts are annoying the polar bear outta me.

Sorry for the rant steveland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

They drive me mad too. The worst one is: "It's about magnetic field's....positive and negative". Makes me want to go to the local shops and puncture all the lucozade bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Finally someone agrees with me, I hate the two gits that do it so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Willem D wrote:
    Finally someone agrees with me, I hate the two gits that do it so much.

I love those ads i think they are great :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JokkWylde

i said if i ever see those two around two i have to kick them severly in the head!

i'd almost prefer the o2 ads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

JokkWylde wrote:
    i said if i ever see those two around two i have to kick them severly in the head!!
    lol, i'm with u, so friggin' anooying, grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i liked the ones last year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The most annoying thing is that one of them is bound to be right in the end, DEath to those adds

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

It's so unbelievable irritating. I mean who's clever idea was it to have two highly irritating and quite mingin people say a line and then just stare smugly into the camera for another 5 seconds. Do they seriously think that's gonna make people want lucozade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sunn wrote:
    i liked the ones last year..
    my fav was
    person 1"Ah no we're after missing Lost!!"
    person 2 "ssssake!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I thought last years were pretty crap, but at least they were just trying to be funny.
    What really gets my goat about the Lucozade ads, is not just how stupid they are, but the fact that they're comparing us to these plebs and their 'theories'. It's like they're holding up those ads and saying "That's you that is". It's irritating and insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Fridge wrote:
    It's so unbelievable irritating. I mean who's clever idea was it to have two highly irritating and quite mingin people say a line and then just stare smugly into the camera for another 5 seconds. Do they seriously think that's gonna make people want lucozade?

lol I agree,at least if they had gotten good looking people the ads might not be so annoying. I mean come on,that chick with the big head and massive eyes...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

them ads are working but..... think about it, a whole thread about the 'lucozade ad'
    It has us talking about their product!
    I personally dont like them ads but!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's got to be a rule of Boards.ie right there.

Whenever someone starts a thread complaining about an annoying advert someone will always come along and say 'Oh, but you're talking about it so the advert must be working'

This would be true if it was a new product that none of us were familiar with, being annoying is a good way of getting the products name into peoples heads and it was what Radion washing up powder did. But we already know all about Lucozade... all they're doing is creating antagonism towards the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

What about the one when the man repeats the numbers like an asshole and stares blankly at the screen.Some of the ideas are just so damn dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Let's all boycott Lucozade until they get better-looking chicks to do the ads.

Club Energise is a better sports drink/hangover cure anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I hate lucozade imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have to hit the mute button every time it comes to a break. Far more annoying than last year's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

agamemnon wrote:
    Let's all boycott Lucozade until they get better-looking chicks to do the ads.

Club Energise is a better sports drink/hangover cure anyway.

F**k Club Energise!

GOE EXPLOSADE! The INTENSE Lucozade alternative from ALDI!

(The ads aren't that bad, tbh. OMG LIEK, GIVE ME BACK THAT 2.5 SECONDS OF MY LIEF!!! Pfft.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Bard wrote:
    F**k Club Energise!

GOE EXPLOSADE! The INTENSE Lucozade alternative from ALDI!

(The ads aren't that bad, tbh. OMG LIEK, GIVE ME BACK THAT 2.5 SECONDS OF MY LIEF!!! Pfft.)

EXPLOSADE!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO FUNNY. THOSE ADS ARE BLOODY ANNOYING THOUGH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

tk123 wrote:
    my fav was
    person 1"Ah no we're after missing Lost!!"
    person 2 "ssssake!" :D

hilarious.
    Willem D wrote:
    I hate lucozade imo.

eh what? in your opinion you hate lucozade! brain surgeons in this thread i tells ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

i have Sky+ so I watch Lost after it's been on and i can fast forward those Lucozade bits.........Na na na na!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    i have Sky+ so I watch Lost after it's been on and i can fast forward those Lucozade bits.........Na na na na!

well the important thing is we re being mature about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I hate them ads

Your man going "4........ 8........ 15......... 16........23..........42" he is so slow, wasting time and all that

petermonaghan, fix that sig would ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ive actually gotten a stronger index finger since they started those ads cos now i can flick to another channel before the ugly dopes open their mouths. maybe lucozade are trying to help us improve out remote control skills!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Your one with the big stupid lips annoys the hell outta me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

imaybe lucozade are trying to help us improve out remote control skills!:rolleyes:
    Apparently that takes alot of ENERGY and Lucozade will give it to you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

They were grand to start off, their theories were reasonably credible. Then they went mad saying it was a reality tv show and whoever got voted off was killed.

They're a pain in the arse now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

I would agree with ya there. I didn't think they were that bad the first few times. Something to think about. But now...what a load of me bollocks! I'm getting a shotgun soon and i know exactly the first two things i'd use it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Jack and Michael?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

How the? Only the black smoke would know a thing like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

they're 5hite alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Those ads annoy me so much, why couldn't they have given us one of their decent Lucozade ads like this or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭imalwayshappy

I think wha the marketing department did was go around and ask everyone what they thought lost was about and got dumb and dumber to say it at the breaks. I agree though it wrecks my head.........................get a REAL SPONSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

JBoyle4eva wrote:

i have a VCR so I watch Lost after it's been on and i can fast forward those Lucozade bits.........Na na na na!

prospect wrote:
    i have a VCR so I watch Lost after it's been on and i can fast forward those Lucozade bits.........Na na na na!
    Oooh! A "VCR"! You're so 'hip' and 'with it' and technologically 'SUPERIOR'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

I know, but save your applause, its not easy being at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Bard wrote:
    Oooh! A "VCR"! You're so 'hip' and 'with it' and technologically 'SUPERIOR'!

Zing!

randomname wrote:
    Zing!
    No, not really. :p

Advertisement