Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Sport and Al Jazeera Sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Thinking of setting for ART as well.

Seen a Technomate 1500CI+ and 7755 2VA2CI on Ebay, not much difference in price but which would be better ?
    Will they both take the Art card ? Or do I need to buy a CAM ? Also what are Matrix etc CAM’s used for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

the 1500+ has a viacess slot and the 7755 has 2.
    No need for any CAMs.

Personally id go for the 1500+ as i think its bettered supported with patches atm.

thanks, ordered 1500 CI+ ..... Got to work on getting the ART card now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Thanks Pal, Had seen this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320010586379&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It seems to have all the sports channels and the price is OK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

jeffred wrote:
    Thanks Pal, Had seen this one on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320010586379&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It seems to have all the sports channels and the price is OK.

I have bought 10 from that guy a couple of weeks ago and he is sound out. I got them for 95quid each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Can anyone install the second lnb for me in Skerries on a 60cm dish it is outside my balcony?

Aquos76 wrote:
    I have bought 10 from that guy a couple of weeks ago and he is sound out. I got them for 95quid each.

want to make a small profit ?

I will buy one off you.

Psygnosis wrote:
    Can anyone install the second lnb for me in Skerries on a 60cm dish it is outside my balcony?

email Tony

tony@satellite.ie

He is on hols now but should be back soon.

Pal wrote:
    want to make a small profit ?

I will buy one off you.

These ones are all gone but I am ordering more next week. I can order an extra one for you if you like.

I'll let you know when I am ordering and how much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

hello aquos76 i would be interested in taking one off you as well.

Aquos76 wrote:
    These ones are all gone but I am ordering more next week. I can order an extra one for you if you like.

I'll let you know when I am ordering and how much.

Anyone else looking for one of these. I am ordering some over the weekend and will have them available from next week. I will have a final price including postage within the next few hours.

I should be slightly cheaper that those in the link. They will be the Full Art package and both Al Jazerra channels.

Post here or PM me if you are interested.

Mods feel free to delete this if I am outside the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'd rather if this was taken to PM, as the thread is turning into a selling area.

But feel free to discuss about the cards themselfs in the thread.

OK

business in the PM box.

looking at the early listings, these cards seem brilliant value
    compared to you know who.

does anybody know how much Serie A matches they carry ?

First one is private in the feedback dept. So thats a nay from me. I wouldnt feel ok.

Second one has 400 odd feedback so thats better.

The blue cards dont have Al Jazeera.

yellabelly wrote:

Will Art Sport cover the Ryder Cup?

Thanks

Not that I have heard. I will get on to my contact and try and find out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

The red card with Al Jazeera Sport is worth having - I remember a few games last year that popped up on that channel.
    The only thing that seems to be missing from Art Sport is having widescreen format but I guess for that price you can't complain.
    The Ryder Cup would be a real bonus.

I was speaking to two sellers over in Tusnia last night and both of these guys have confirmed that these Art + Al Jazeera cards are no longer been sold. Art are not happy with the arrangement is the official line. Art will continue to sell their own cards, just like Al jazeera will their own.

Anyway, what this means is anyone that has one of these cards are not affected, and anybody that still have batches to sell are likely to increase prices. These cards will work for their duration.

If people are still thinking of purchasing one of these from ebay and the price is still low, I would suggest you do it now.

Sparky-s wrote:
    The blue cards dont have Al Jazeera.

Not true, there are some blue cards that have both packages. You will see the Al Jazerra logo in the corner of the card.

Though I am assuming you are referring to the blue card in the ebay link posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Thanks for the info. The blue one with the red logo looks good. There might also be a rush for cards when the season starts. Last season we had TPS but they don't cover so many games and definitely more hassle to setup.

Since this morning Art Sport 5 and 6 has opened up on all types of Art cards. Including the cards that only open Art 1-4. Not sure if this is a permanent thing or not, but if so, there are still quite a few Art 1-4 cards still available on ebay for cheap enough.

I am trying to find out somemore info. If I do I will post back.

I Want One ! I Want One !

Pal wrote:
    I Want One ! I Want One !

I take it your not too pushed on getting one Pal:D :D

Aquos76 wrote:
    Not true, there are some blue cards that have both packages. You will see the Al Jazerra logo in the corner of the card.

Though I am assuming you are referring to the blue card in the ebay link posted.

I always assumed that the blue didnt have Al Jazerra at all, as most places explained to get the red one for them.

Ofcourse as you say if it had the logo on the corner it would have AJ.

You know I may try and get one sometime once I get everything at home in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smante1972

Hi Guys

Just to clarify.

This year you will get ART 5 & 6 which is the former World cup channels on the old Carte Cards.

The new card replacing the Carte Sports Card is a blue ART card (look out for the Al-jazeera logo on the bottom right handside of the card). Remember that the Carte Sports Cards (Brown/Redish colour) are no longer being manufacturerd.

The new ART cards will give you:

ART Sports 1, ART Sports 2, ART Sports 3, ART Sports 4, ART Sports 5, ARt Sports 6, Al JAzeera Sports 1 & 2 and your usual Arabesque channels.

Most football broadcasted on ART Sports 1 - 6 are in english and include the following:

Live English Premiership
    (Weekend & Mid Week games)

Live Coca Cola Championship football
    Live European Champions League
    Live French league
    Live Italian league
    Spanish La Liga
    Live Qatar League
    Live Portuguese league
    Live African Champions League
    Live Eqyptian League
    Live 2008 European Cup Qualifiers
    Live Arab Championship
    Live Copa de los Libertadores
    Live Asian Champions League

Majority of football broadcasted in Al Jazeera 1 & 2 are in Arabic and include:
    Live FA Cup & Live Carling Cup.

Don't forget that ART also gives you the following sports :
    NBA Basketball
    Boxing
    Tennis
    Darts
    Snooker
    Formular One
    Cycling

***There are several ART cards on the market***

The two main ones are the following:

ART Sports 1 - 6 + Al Jazeera 1 & 2 + Arabesque full bouquet
    (Blue Card with Al-Jazeera logo on the bottom right hand side of the card and also 2 ART logos on the card - one next to the Al Jazeera logo and the other on top)

ART Full Bouquet (with Sports 1 - 6)
    (Blue Card with ART logo on the top right hand side)

Expect to pay between £120 - £179 for the ARt Sports 1 - 6 + Al Jazeera 1 & 2 + full bouquet. Stay away from purchasing any ART / Al Jazeera cards above £179 as its a rip off.

Expect to pay between £91 - £159 for the ART Sports 1 - 6 + full bouquet. If its less than £91 , double check with the retailer if it indeed has ART 5 & 6.

Never ever accept any ART card if it is not sealed as it will definately be a dodgy one. All official ART cards comes sealed.

HOPE THIS HELPS

smante1972 wrote:

ART Full Bouquet (with Sports 1 - 6)
    (Blue Card with ART logo on the top right hand side)

I think you will find that the Art logo is up in the top LEFT hand corner.

Art%201-6%2012month.JPG

btw... Excellent post fair play to you.

For anyone else looking for an art card, I am ordering my last batch tonight before the start of the season. PM me if you are looking for any. These cards are just the Art 1-6 cards. I cant source any of the Art/Al Jazeera at a realistic price at the moment.

got my art card.

works perfect.

thanks to Aquos76.

No problem doing business with this guy. Good price. Prompt delivery. He knows his stuff about systems too. Recommended.

For anybody interested,
    my ART card is working in a Matrix Reloaded version MR1170

with the Ireland match being so fcuking awful, it was great to switch to Norway v Brazil in English on ART4. happy days indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads im thinking of getting this art sport

could someone tell me every thing i need ie card etc

and what would the total cost be around

Advertisement