Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Sport and Al Jazeera Sport

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well, I would recommend first of a TM-1500CI+ receiver, this has a built in cam so that means that you can use an Art card with out the need to purchase a viaccess cam. These receivers can be picked up for less than £100 on ebay.

An art card with art 1-6 will cost between €150 and €180 also on ebay. My supplier has stopped dealing in the combined Art/Al Jazerra cards as there are so many fake ones in circulating. (By fake ones he means, you think you are getting a 12 month one but it may only last a few month).

With regards to a dish, well down here in Waterford, a Sky dish works perfect, but depending on where you are, A 80cm might be more suitable.

This one would be fine and costs €80 including LNB and delivery

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/80cm_Dish_by_Andrews_.html

So all you would need then is some on to put it up for you and then you are sorted.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aquos, would that Triax handle a motor? I am thinking of gettin that Tecnomate 1500 alright but would like to put in on a diseqc to give me more choice.

What do ye think of this, is it over kill? or would the tehnomate 1500c+ be just as good for 1/2 the price.
    http://www.mantesat.com/product_detail.asp?ID=875&CatID=251

Aquos, would that Triax handle a motor? I am thinking of gettin that Tecnomate 1500 alright but would like to put in on a diseqc to give me more choice.

Yeah it should do no bother. This is a particually a good motor.
    What do ye think of this, is it over kill? or would the tehnomate 1500c+ be just as good for 1/2 the price.
    http://www.mantesat.com/product_deta...=875&CatID=251

Well tbh, I think the 1500 is a great receiver. It is far more supported with software and patch support.Also the fact that it has a built in cam already it saves on the need to buy another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Aquos76 wrote:
    Well, I would recommend first of a TM-1500CI+ receiver, this has a built in cam so that means that you can use an Art card with out the need to purchase a viaccess cam. These receivers can be picked up for less than £100 on ebay.

An art card with art 1-6 will cost between €150 and €180 also on ebay. My supplier has stopped dealing in the combined Art/Al Jazerra cards as there are so many fake ones in circulating. (By fake ones he means, you think you are getting a 12 month one but it may only last a few month).

With regards to a dish, well down here in Waterford, a Sky dish works perfect, but depending on where you are, A 80cm might be more suitable.

This one would be fine and costs €80 including LNB and delivery

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/80cm_Dish_by_Andrews_.html
    thanks
    So all you would need then is some on to put it up for you and then you are sorted.
    thanks Aquos76
    i think im might go and get it

im based in tipp so do you think a sky dish will do

Yeah it should do. I can give you a number of an installer up there if you need help. pm me if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hi Aquos,

I sent you a PM about all this, and then found this thread!!
    Just wondering about the receiver, some of the ads on ebay mention they have been patched.
    Is it important? If so where in gods name would I put the RS232 cable on my PC for future patches?
    Regarding the ART cards, can anyone recommend a seller or link?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

RS232 cables are basically com1 interfaces.

Aquos was selling cards recently, I'm not sure if he has any left. If not, there are a few good places on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks sparky.

but i'm still confused about the rs232 how does it conect to a pc?
    And why do you need to anyway?

dobsdave wrote:
    Hi Aquos,

I sent you a PM about all this, and then found this thread!!
    Just wondering about the receiver, some of the ads on ebay mention they have been patched.
    Is it important? If so where in gods name would I put the RS232 cable on my PC for future patches?
    Regarding the ART cards, can anyone recommend a seller or link?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

No bother at all. I have just replied to your PM. Get back to me if there is anything else you would like to know.

dobsdave wrote:
    but i'm still confused about the rs232 how does it conect to a pc?

Connects through serial port.
    And why do you need to anyway?

Keeps your box updated with the latest software available. Also makes sure you are getting the best of what is available to you on each of the different satellites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Got my card from some guys in Louth - http://www.itssatellite.com/art_12.html

Was 150 euro, but I got a full Art Sports system including install for just over 500, dish, receiver, card and install. Top job

Does anyone know if Spanish La Liga has moved to Al Jaz +1 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,607 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zabbo wrote:

Was 150 euro, but I got a full Art Sports system including install for just over 500, dish, receiver, card and install. Top job

sounds good

is the commentry in english during the matches and if so any good

zabbo wrote:

He would be cheaper than me for the card but I would be cheaper than him on the full system. €150 is an excellent price.

What size Dish did he give you and which type of receiver did he supply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Digitaltech 6600 and an 80cm dish.

I'm thinking of selling the card, and getting one with al jazerra if La Liga isn't on ART.

Anyone interested in a 1 day old card ?

You will find it hard to get one of those cards now. Beware of fake ones around. I can gice you the number of a guy in the UK who has the Aljazerra cards on there own. PM me if you are interested in that method. Thats the way I am using my Art card. I have the Art card in the card slot of the TM1500 and in the cam slot I have a Viaccess cam with the Al Jazerra card in in.

You know that there is no Eng commentary with Al Jazerra, dont you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smante1972

Note that if you patch your Technomate 1500 receiver it may lead to your ART/Al Jazeera Card not working.

ART cards also work in Dragon (3.02) and Matrix CAMS including of course Zeta Blue, Icecrypt and Viaccess CAMs.

Note of warning!!!!
    We are all of course looking for a bargain but bare in mind that "if the price looks too good to be - the card is dodgy"

Don't touch an ART/Al Jazeera Card if its less than £118 (including delivery).
    We know because we are dealers and like us all traders selling the card for between £115 - £179 are getting it from North Africa (Morroco, Algeria, Tunisia).

ART 1-6 is the best card for all your european football and have all english premiership games broadcasted in english.
    Al Jazeera Sports is still trying to find its feet and currently broadcasts games in Arabic.

Best receivers we would recommend are:

Technomate TM-1500Ci+ Super
    Technomate 7755 2VA 2CI
    Humax VA-CE

Stay away from Digitalb cards as there are current power struggle within the board and all cards bought after the 25 August won't have premiership football.

If you can afford it, the Nova Greece card comes tumps up both for audio and picture quality including general entertainment.

Silas
    http://www.mantesat.com

smante1972 wrote:
    Note that if you patch your Technomate 1500 receiver it may lead to your ART/Al Jazeera Card not working.

Cant say I have had any problems with my Art card or my Al Jazeera card in my patched TM 1500. I have used all the different patches that have been brought out for this receiver and so far it has not affected my Art or Al Jazeera cards.

On another note, I am still awaiting a reply from you in the previous thread where you maintained by supplier was filling me up with ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 smante1972

[I think we have enough of mante's ads -- Mod]

smante1972 wrote:
    Offer ending soon.....

15 quid to post a card, are you having a laugh. Registered post costs no more than a fiver mate. What happened to the free postage which you were offering

Advertisement